Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Best Horror film.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Your Best Horror film.

    Originally posted by tex View Post
    Just checked this out on imdb, sounds intriguing but i find subtitles too much of a distraction when watching a film, not the only film with this title by the way, the other was 1971 western starring Richard crenna, also known as the deserters.

    Oddly enough being dyslexic and aspergers I also avoided subtitled movies until Amelie was released and won so many awards ..

    It's still one of my favourite movies .

    The thing thing I noticed ( oddly it wasn't the words lol) was that I was able to follow the movie newer storyline better and also I didn't get as easily distracted !!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Your Best Horror film.

      Originally posted by tex View Post
      Absolutely,this film had to be seen at the cinema for best effect. The church of England apparently got involved in trying to have it banned and in some regions of the country it was not shown, it took years to get a video release also. Ther have been many immitators since but none have come close.

      It was the early 80s when I saw it at the cinema on a double bill with one of the Friday the 13th films. However, I do remember the controversy when it was released in 1973. Some friends of my parents went to see it when it was first released and they said there were several people, presumably from a church, outside trying to persuade people not to see it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Your Best Horror film.

        Originally posted by staffslad View Post
        It was the early 80s when I saw it at the cinema on a double bill with one of the Friday the 13th films. However, I do remember the controversy when it was released in 1973. Some friends of my parents went to see it when it was first released and they said there were several people, presumably from a church, outside trying to persuade people not to see it.
        This i can believe, however most of the "real life" horror stories seem to originate within the catholic church itself but thats a story for another day....controversial??
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Your Best Horror film.

          Originally posted by staffslad View Post
          Good choice, mate, but my favourite Fulci has to be Zombi 2 aka Zombie Flesh Eaters
          Zombi 2 is great, amazing practical makeup and a brilliant haunting main theme.

          i can't really narrow my favourite horror down to just 1, but i love 80s horrors the most before CGI took over.

          top films would be;

          Demons (1985)
          A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
          Street Trash (1987)
          Chopping Mall (1986)
          Re-Animator (1985)

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Your Best Horror film.

            Demons very good and wonderful soundtrack.





            Originally posted by moondog View Post
            zombi 2 is great, amazing practical makeup and a brilliant haunting main theme.

            I can't really narrow my favourite horror down to just 1, but i love 80s horrors the most before cgi took over.

            Top films would be;

            demons (1985)
            a nightmare on elm street 3: Dream warriors (1987)
            street trash (1987)
            chopping mall (1986)
            re-animator (1985)
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Your Best Horror film.

              Always liked Night of the Demon/Curse of the Demon, from about the same era as The Innocents. Not a horrifying horror film, if you catch my drift, but it has an eerie quality that appeals to me. The paper mache puppet 'Demon' that makes a brief appearance is an absolute joke but the plot, acting and sets are excellent. I first saw it as a kid ~1980 and several times since - will be on channel 81 (again) this summer.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Your Best Horror film.

                Todays "horror" films are really just gore fests, such a shame as i enjoyed the horror genre so much years ago but not anymore, agree The Exorcist is the best of all time, superb horror, the sequels come nowhere near the original. The controversy before the film opened in the U.K. just added to the build up.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Your Best Horror film.

                  Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
                  Todays "horror" films are really just gore fests, such a shame as i enjoyed the horror genre so much years ago but not anymore, agree The Exorcist is the best of all time, superb horror, the sequels come nowhere near the original. The controversy before the film opened in the U.K. just added to the build up.
                  More recent horrors i enjoyed were Mama, The woman in black, Drag me to hell, Insiduous.
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Your Best Horror film.

                    Probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Birds - though a few good ones have been made in more recent times like 27 Days of Night (or based rather on the Twighlight Hour in Alaska) when everything closes and down and most people de-camp South (I think this film was around 2006-07)!

                    80sChav

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Your Best Horror film.

                      Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                      Probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Birds - though a few good ones have been made in more recent times like 27 Days of Night (or based rather on the Twighlight Hour in Alaska) when everything closes and down and most people de-camp South (I think this film was around 2006-07)!

                      80sChav
                      Yeah forgot about that one..great film, oh and 28 weeks later with Robert carlisle, much better than 28 days later
                      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Your Best Horror film.

                        The Wicker Man, the original with Edward Woodward always spooked me.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Your Best Horror film.

                          Originally posted by tex View Post
                          More recent horrors i enjoyed were Mama, The woman in black, Drag me to hell, Insiduous.
                          Woman In Black takes some beating. Tho perhaps the original tv movie with Adrian Rawlins in the Daniel Ratcliffe role does beat it. Tex you can pm me .

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X