Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halloween

Originally posted by darren View Post

apparently no major studio would release it.

it was through word of mouth that it became so popular and was eventually picked up by a studio

in an interview with john carpenter he said himself and debra hill where all novices they had never made a film before.

also regarding h20 both carpenter and debra hill say its the one that is closest to the original in many ways.
    although carpenter and hill had nothing to do with the film.

also the part where you see michael walking up the stairs to kill his sister all yopu see is two holes cut out of the mask that is actually debra hill playing that role.
    but she did not play him for the entire film.

I can't understand why he would look for a large studio to release an independent film. Yablans & Akkad approached him. Not the other way round. So why would word of mouth be needed? You state that Hill and Carpenter had not made a film before. Totally inaccurate. John Carpenter wrote and directed 'Assault on Precinct 13' and it was through this film that he was approached to do Halloween or 'The Babysitter Murders' as was its title before release. Hill was the script supervisor and assistant editor on the film too.
    Not interested in a link thanks. i can find my own (correct) information thanks.
    Last edited by stuckinthe80's; 15-08-2012, 07:33.
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I saw it first when I was 10 or 11. Thought it was sooo scary! I still love this film.

Comment

also the part where you see michael walking up the stairs to kill his sister all yopu see is two holes cut out of the mask that is actually debra hill playing that role.
        Hill's 'bit' is when the hand goes into the kitchen drawer to take out the knife. Debra Hill's hand was a the only one small enough on the crew to look like a child's.

Comment

hey mate.

Yes i remember debra saying that in an interview.

film still sends shivers down my back.

but she did say she played the bit i mentioned in that same interview.

Originally posted by ayrshireman View Post
          Hill's 'bit' is when the hand goes into the kitchen drawer to take out the knife. Debra Hill's hand was a the only one small enough on the crew to look like a child's.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            hey mate.

Yes i remember debra saying that in an interview.

film still sends shivers down my back.

but she did say she played the bit i mentioned in that same interview.
            Darren, I'd be re-checking my facts if I were you. You seem to be off the mark with your knowledge here.
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

seems so mate.
              just whait i heard in an interview with both debra and john carpenter.
              Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
              Darren, I'd be re-checking my facts if I were you. You seem to be off the mark with your knowledge here.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

cheesey horrors for me LIKE ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS lol classic
                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                X