Witch Film in the Late 70s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witch Film in the Late 70s?

Okay I need some help in finding the title of this film I used to see every Halloween night when I was a kid. It used to scare me when I was a kid and seemed to always be playing when I came home from trick or treating. This had to be the late 70's or real early 80's.

The movie was about a girl that lived on a ranch in the midwest and I think a distant cousin comes to live with them. In one of the scenes they are all having dinner and a knife falls on the floor. The cousin says "that means company is comming." That's the first clue that this girl is involved in the supernatural. Anyhow as the story progresses the girl gets very jealous of the cousin and starts to think she's a witch. She does research and finds out that witches don't have powers when they sleep.

As the movie goes on things get worse and sure enough the cousin is a full blown witch. There's a major fight scene where she's all in full witches garb. I think there's a car chase scene and the witch dies while falling off a cliff.

I think at the end of the movie there's a tv news story and the reporter is the witch. She has reincarnated.

So those are things I vividly rememeber. I would love to see this movie again, I'm sure it's really cheesy. LOL

Thanks so much,

Michael

Re: Witch Film in the Late 70s?

Originally posted by mikemiafl View Post
    Okay I need some help in finding the title of this film I used to see every Halloween night when I was a kid. It used to scare me when I was a kid and seemed to always be playing when I came home from trick or treating. This had to be the late 70's or real early 80's.

The movie was about a girl that lived on a ranch in the midwest and I think a distant cousin comes to live with them. In one of the scenes they are all having dinner and a knife falls on the floor. The cousin says "that means company is comming." That's the first clue that this girl is involved in the supernatural. Anyhow as the story progresses the girl gets very jealous of the cousin and starts to think she's a witch. She does research and finds out that witches don't have powers when they sleep.

As the movie goes on things get worse and sure enough the cousin is a full blown witch. There's a major fight scene where she's all in full witches garb. I think there's a car chase scene and the witch dies while falling off a cliff.

I think at the end of the movie there's a tv news story and the reporter is the witch. She has reincarnated.

So those are things I vividly rememeber. I would love to see this movie again, I'm sure it's really cheesy. LOL

Thanks so much,

Michael

That sounds like STRANGER IN OUR HOUSE (AKA SUMMER OF FEAR) starring Linda Blair and Lee Purcell.
    Lee Purcell is the witch.
    The film is available on dvd by the way.

Comment

Working...
    X