James Bond sheriff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Bond sheriff

This USA Deep South sheriff ( Sheriff Piper?) was in a couple of James Bond films with Roger Moore.

I was watching Superman 2 last week and am sure he was in in that as the same sheriff.

Anybody got any info [please]?

Re: James Bond sheriff

Sherriff Pepper played by Clifton James

YouTube - James Bond 007 - Sheriff J.W Pepper, Clifton James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWPTj...eature=related
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Dammit! He was called Sheriff Pepper - I was convinced he was Piper, it says here (from wiki) that he actually did play the same type of character in Superman II

Clifton James became well-known for playing the comic-relief role of Sheriff J.W. Pepper in the James Bond films Live and Let Die and The Man with the Golden Gun. He also played a very similar character in both Superman II and Silver Streak.

Comment

When i was growing up,i always visualized Clifton James as being the voice behind Deputy Dawg.It wasn't clifton of course,it was Dayton Allen.It must have been the sherrif badge,hat and shape of Deputy Dawg's body that reminded me of Clifton.

Comment

Was that sheriff in m w t g g not the same one as in the cannonball run films.
          Ive​ always thought he was the same actor playing both.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            Was that sheriff in m w t g g not the same one as in the cannonball run films.
            Ive​ always thought he was the same actor playing both.
            No, that is the great Jackie Gleason
            ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Cheers mate.

But he looks just so similar to the sheriff from the cannonball run films.

Think i need to watch both the bond film and a cannonball run film at the same time.
              Originally posted by markxist View Post
              no, that is the great jackie gleason
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Markxist View Post
                No, that is the great Jackie Gleason
                Jackie Gleason was in the Smokie and the bandit movies not Cannonball run

Comment

Please check imdb.com - it has all the info you need...
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                    Jackie Gleason was in the Smokie and the bandit movies not Cannonball run
                    I knew what he meant though, just as I know what you really mean is Smokey and the Bandit
                    ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Clifton James as Sheriff JW Pepper was funny in the James Bond movies. I laughed when he called a baby elephant ugly and got shoved into a river by it!

Comment

Working...
                      X