Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: some of my favourite lesser known Sci fi films.

I would recommend anyone who likes Aliens to try to see the extended version. It has extra scenes set on LV426 regarding the colonists finding the alien eggs, plus scenes that help to explain why Ripley is drawn to Newt and risks so much to rescue her.

A few films "inspired" by Alien:

Titan Find aka Creature Stars Klaus Kinski

Galaxy of Terror Featuring Joanie from Happy Days and nasty alien worm rape scene

Forbidden World (not to be confused with Forbidden Planet)

Inseminoid A British production with Judy Geeson and helmed by Norman J Warren

Alien 2: On Earth Absolutely nothing to do with the Ridley Scott film, rather a quickie Italian production to cash in on the Alien title and released on video in the UK as Alien Terror in the early 80s

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
      I would recommend anyone who likes Aliens to try to see the extended version. It has extra scenes set on LV426 regarding the colonists finding the alien eggs, plus scenes that help to explain why Ripley is drawn to Newt and risks so much to rescue her.
      And also it sticks true to the book... You'd be surprised what I have read and watched through two pregnancies.
      Always ready for chat.

Comment

• Re: some of my favorite lesser known Sci fi films.

Originally posted by darren View Post
        yes saturn 3 i do like.
        what about philadelphia experiment,another one i watch regular
        The true story of the Eldridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL5b0i8HfHY

Obviously the movie, being a fictionalised drama of a real event, took things further into the aspect of time travel
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

One of my fave sci-fi tales is journey to the centre of the earth, i am currently reading the novel but the James mason version of the movie has always been a firm favourite of mine, pure escapist nonsense ofcourse but great fun. The acting leaves a lot to be desired (apart from Mason who is excellent) but ahead of its time for special effects and scenery IMO. The film was re-made more recently with Brendan fraser but it couldn't hold a light to the original
          Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
            One of my fave sci-fi tales is journey to the centre of the earth, i am currently reading the novel but the James mason version of the movie has always been a firm favourite of mine, pure escapist nonsense ofcourse but great fun. The acting leaves a lot to be desired (apart from Mason who is excellent) but ahead of its time for special effects and scenery IMO. The film was re-made more recently with Brendan fraser but it couldn't hold a light to the original

Agreed that the best version is the one with James Mason.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
              Agreed that the best version is the one with James Mason.
              Me too (and Pat Boone is in there!) but I have yet to see a version I don't like
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

contamination a horror scifi starring ian mcculloch from zombie flesh eaters.

story of 2 astronauts who go to mars when they come back one loses his job cause the other says he is mad because they encounter a creature who can make these green eggs.
                and people get to close they explode, both egg and the person.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  contamination a horror scifi starring ian mcculloch from zombie flesh eaters.

story of 2 astronauts who go to mars when they come back one loses his job cause the other says he is mad because they encounter a creature who can make these green eggs.
                  and people get to close they explode, both egg and the person.
                  Thats just wierd
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                  X