Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna tv

Hooray!

Happy times in the USA...we have a new cable channel.

Get this...Hazel, Giget, Partridge Family, THE MONKEES, Flying Nun, Too Close for Comfort,
    Good Times, Sanford and Son, Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Maude...we lucked out this time.

Re: Antenna tv

Good for you, Marabelle. I certainly remember some of those shows which came to Britain; I used to love The Monkees and my sisters both had serious crushes on David Cassidy from the Partridge Family (along with the rest of the teenage girls of the world, I'm sure!). Interesting that you mention Father Knows Best as I have just discovered the original radio shows (starring Robert Young as father) on one of those Old Time Radio sites. I love these old radio shows and often feel like I am reliving a youth I never lived in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by airfix View Post
      Good for you, Marabelle. I certainly remember some of those shows which came to Britain; I used to love The Monkees and my sisters both had serious crushes on David Cassidy from the Partridge Family (along with the rest of the teenage girls of the world, I'm sure!). Interesting that you mention Father Knows Best as I have just discovered the original radio shows (starring Robert Young as father) on one of those Old Time Radio sites. I love these old radio shows and often feel like I am reliving a youth I never lived in the first place!
      I'm slightly too young too have remembered the Partridge Family or David Cassidy mania, and the first I ever heard of him was his top ten hit 'The Last Kiss' (with George Michael on backing vocals), and remember thinking, 'yeah, this guy's got a great voice, we'll hear a lot more from him!' lol.
      I think because I have no prejudices about his teen idol past, I can hear his music on its own terms and think they're damn fine records. And yet I find it impossible to take, say, Rick Astley seriously as an 'artist', even though vocally he's as good as Cassidy in his own way.

Comment

Loved the Partridge Family, but the Monkees were something else, real crazy humour!

Comment

The Monkees (I believe) were based on the Keystone cops but are more like the Three Stooges in retrospect.

Comment

I never missed The Partridge Family because I was in love with David Cassidy in my early teens and enjoyed The Monkees too ( Davy Jones was tasty!)
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Oh yeah, so true. Peter was my fave.

David Cassidy will be on celebrity apprentice (you get that one?), but he's not so cute anymore, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Marabelle View Post

David Cassidy will be on celebrity apprentice (you get that one?), but he's not so cute anymore, lol.
                I'm not sure we do get that here.
                I will always remember David like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	cassidy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	259888
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I feel the same way about Richard O'Sullivan...LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X