blockbusters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: blockbusters.

different theme tunes as well as credits.
    been on youtube and found these.
    the first 3 are intros with slightly different music and the titles looks different.
    which do members prefer.
    http://youtu.be/LiP0j-LHv88

http://youtu.be/kKhnVvHWJ3A

http://youtu.be/q8ruvNskvIM

http://youtu.be/a91EJpWwLt4
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

robert wentworth john holness was born november 12th 1928 in natal south africa.

Comment

a bit more blockbusters info i found
        THE GOLD RUN

The winner of the match played the Gold Run, where they would have 5 chances to play. From 7th series, it was reduced to 3, in order that more contestants could take part over the course of a series. If players were successful they won a special prize. If the Gold Run was not won, each correct answer paid £5 later £10.
        Defending champions could keep going for up to five matches undefeated, in order to win an even bigger prize. In the first Sky One series this was changed back up to five matches and reduced to three again on BBC2.
        In the final Sky One series, it increased to five again.
        A famous short piece of music three sharp notes on a horn in a slapstick style was played if a contestant ran out of time on a Gold Run, often producing amused reactions in the studio

CHAMPION BLOCKBUSTERS.

FOUR series of Champion Blockbusters were made from 1987 until 1990, in which winners of the fifth gold-run returned to battle against other five gold-run winners.

Comment

i love that blockbusters dance
          although ut was 2 against one the single player had a slight advantage of nly needing 4 correct answers to the two player teams 5 correct answers..

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
          Never liked it. I remember my old man used to take the mick out of the way Bob held the question cards. What really annoyed me as a kid was hearing the audience do that 'Blockbusters dance' to the music-stamping their feet and clapping their hands to the beat. Also, WHY did they have two on one team vs one person on their own??? Were the other two consisting of a thick person and a helper or something?!

Comment

Caught the show with Konnie Huq as a contestant on Challenge the other day.
            I seem to enjoy Blockbusters more these days than I ever did when it was originally on.

Anyone ever played Blockbusters on the Spectrum ?
            The game is great, but the rendition of the theme tune is completely crazed.

Comment

BS for Baker Street, Bob!
              I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

We have a Blockbusters programme on the pcs at school for the kids tied in with the topics they study in their year groups.........they love it.

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
                  We have a Blockbusters programme on the pcs at school for the kids tied in with the topics they study in their year groups.........they love it.
                  thats class mate.
                  they only did the hand jive on friday episodes i found out.

cant wait till it comes back later this year.
                  hope they do a tribute to BOB.

Comment

it's good that it's coming back but i think it's never the same without the original presenter

Comment

it's good that it's coming back but i think it's never the same without the original presenter
                      oh i agree there mate.

Comment

Yeah, Bob was a great presenter.
                        The new guy is Simon Mayo.
                        Hopefully it should be OK, the previews i've seen look alright enough.
                        Let's just hope it doesn't go in the direction Bullseye did when they brought it back.

Comment

simon is a goof choice mate.

i assume the shows fomat is the exact same[.

have u seen the intro theme tune and how it looks.
                          ill be sad if the tune is not the same.
                          any idea when exacty it starts what channel.

QUOTE=DemonEyeX;165397]Yeah, Bob was a great presenter.
                          The new guy is Simon Mayo.
                          Hopefully it should be OK, the previews i've seen look alright enough.
                          Let's just hope it doesn't go in the direction Bullseye did when they brought it back.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                            Caught the show with Konnie Huq as a contestant on Challenge the other day.
                            I seem to enjoy Blockbusters more these days than I ever did when it was originally on.

Anyone ever played Blockbusters on the Spectrum ?
                            The game is great, but the rendition of the theme tune is completely crazed.
                            I had it and discovered a cheat where if you pressed the key for your buzzer but kept it pressed then the timer would pause giving you endless time to answer the question

Comment

Bob Holness died in January of this year (2012) :cry:

The second actor to 'play' James Bond - he was the voice of Bond in a 1957 radio dramatisation of 'Moonraker' on South African radio.
                              One of his daughters was in Toto Coelo who had a hit with "I Eat Cannibals" in the 1980's.

Quote from IMDB:

He was the subject of an urban myth, initiated by broadcaster Stuart Maconie, who while writing for the New Musical Express, claimed (untruthfully) that he played the saxophone solo on Gerry Rafferty's song Baker Street. The true performer was Rafael Ravenscroft. The story clearly appealed to his sense of humour as he has often played along with the myth, and has also at various times jokingly claimed to be the lead guitarist on Derek and the Dominoes' Layla and the mysterious individual putting Elvis Presley off his stride on the infamous "laughing version" of Are You Lonesome Tonight?.
                              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

There was also a rumour going around that William G Stewart from 15 to 1 played the saxophone solo on Baker Street.

Comment

Working...
                                X