TV idents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV idents

I won’t tell you what my favourite ident is, I’ll let you guess.

According to tihs the Yorkshire one is the most scary.

Comment

Atv

Ident did anyone find freeky or was that just the Crossroads theme tune that followed

Kirtsty

Comment

Re: Atv

I did in my younger days, but now it's one of my faves!

Comment

The ATV logo's cool. A classic. Reminded me of lemons. I was too little to remember the actual company but I remember shows repeated by TVS as a kid that were ATV productions still had the ident from ATV at the end of the show...

I also liked the LWT logo as seen on dvds of Upstairs Downstairs, called it 'The River Ident' as it followed the path of The Thames...apparently. Used to be 'London Weekend' at first with just the L and W...Anglia had a nice but cheesy silver Knight rotating on a plinth...again, used to see that via repeats of shows on TVS if made by Anglia in the 70s...

The creepiest Ident was the Southern one when the station finally closed down after loosing its franchise. Its on youtube-instead of a blue background it had black, after the presenters said goodbye for the final night it faded to black and you saw the Southern 'star' logo and it played that enigmatic guitar theme they always had then the star began to rotate and flew off into the night sky...many who've seen it say its creepy and, well, it is...

Comment

ITV as is now is one bloated, corporate corpulent mess....no regional idents. They need to return back to regional programming and return back to ITV's original mandate of regional renewable franchises-after Thames lost its franchise following the Death on The Rock World In Action documentary about the 'shoot to kill' policy of the SAS on IRA operatives planning another mainland terror attack, which Thatcher wanted blocked but Thames still showed (the IRA were unarmed, but as I see it, both Thatcher and the SAS did the right thing imho as they were planning to kill people via a bomb or bombing sooner or later). Then came the rubbish that was Carlton. TVS became Meridian and thus began the fall of ITV, gone was LWT too who had the weekend franchise in the London/South area (if you were lucky as aerials are funny things-we got it)...Gone was the great tv by Thames and LWT in the main-Upstairs Downstairs, Van Der Valk, The Sweeney, etc, etc....Granada and Carlton merged, buying up the other franchises like Tyne Tees, Central-formerly ATV Midlands, Anglia, Yorkshire etc...Remember how proud Granada were proclaiming 'From The North' prior to a show like Corrie starting? All gone....ITV needs to be re-franchised and re-organised, we need regional affairs highlighted properly and regional variations once more...its no wonder no one really likes ITV anymore and they have the audacity to claim they've been voted 'Channel of the Year'?!

Comment

Comment

I remember the Anglia knight, also the Westward galleon with their triumphant horn jingles. The smallest ITV region was Channel, which was for the Channel Islands- the logo was a series of linked hexagons, ads that used to be run on it included one for a firm that built nuclear fallout shelters. TV Times ran a featured article about Channel around 30 years ago.

Comment

I've got a few DVD's, 'Sky', 'Children of the Stones', and possibly 'Robin of Sherwood' (although I wouldn't swear to it) which were produced by HTV west;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CmQAhP7shE

Now its probably just me, but every time I see that ident, I can't help but hear Nelson from the Simpsons at the end!

Comment

Not just me then eh ? Being a Geordie I'm not sure why the Southern and HTV one's should set something off for me but they do. Can't think of which programmes they'd be from except maybe Jack Hargreaves's "Out of town" which I think was on Southern, so maybe the fantastic "How!" was aswell. At a complate loss as to what I wat.ched from HTV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-eP...eature=related

Comment

Remember these....?

http://youtu.be/BPrfRWwyK5g

When ITV was a force to be reckoned with...and ATV was its star....Wasn't old enough to see it in person but its a gem. If I ran ITV, we'd have this brought back at the start of the broadcast day...perhaps also at its end. ITV needs to be broken up again and re-franchised like in the old days. The Government have ruined it, and Granada-Carlton's greed has turned it into a bloated, corporate giant with no real face....Blame the powers that be for that circa 1997 onwards...

http://youtu.be/OlbgtjvISzo

Another classic ident....I was lucky to see these regionals when programmes were repeated on TVS, at the start they'd keep the regional franchisee's Ident...

Comment

Working...
                      X