Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was this late 70s cartoon about a ferocious little bearded man? Tyrone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was this late 70s cartoon about a ferocious little bearded man? Tyrone?

Hello all,

I've found myself thinking of a cartoon I watched around 1979 or 1980. It featured a little man with a white beard and he was quite ferocious and often scrapping, I think (a bit like Captain Caveman in that way). I think it must have been a short-lived cartoon with quite a short run. I think the cartoons lasted about 10 minutes and ran at about 4.45pm or thereabouts.

The thing is, my mind keeps relating it to the Irish county of Tyrone. Was the little bearded man called Tyrone? Nothing I put into google is giving me any leads.

....Jamo

Re: What was this late 70s cartoon about a ferocious little bearded man? Tyrone?

Baggy Pants and the Nitwits?

It had the character Tyrone, which was a spin off from Arte Johnson's turn on Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baggy_P...nd_the_Nitwits

Comment

Re: What was this late 70s cartoon about a ferocious little bearded man? Tyrone?

You know, I think you must be right. Well done and thank you.

Tyrone is not quite as I remember him, but it all fits. A single series. Shown in 77 in America, so probably a couple of years later here. I can only scrape up a few images of Tyrone, and I was sure he was more 'manic' but the name fits. I had 'Tyrone' in my head and the white beard more than anything. Plus some scrapping, and if he's a superhero, no matter how aged, he must have scrapped.

So, thank you. Well found. Another memory confirmed as real. Just about.

...Jamo

Comment

Working...
      X