Channel 4 1980's Home Improvement/DIY Programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel 4 1980's Home Improvement/DIY Programme

Does anyone remember when Channel 4 first started, airing a programme covering Home improvements to a house bought buy a young couple. The girls father (I think his name was Mike) helped show them how to do the DIY?
    I think there was only the one series made, possibly 8 episodes. They were all actors in the series, and it covered everything from the house to the gearden.
    For some weird reason it is one of Channel 4's first programmes that sticks in my mind, strangely not 'Countdown'.

Re: Channel 4 1980's Home Improvement/DIY Programme

Originally posted by eddiethehead9 View Post
    Does anyone remember when Channel 4 first started, airing a programme covering Home improvements to a house bought buy a young couple. The girls father (I think his name was Mike) helped show them how to do the DIY?
    I think there was only the one series made, possibly 8 episodes. They were all actors in the series, and it covered everything from the house to the gearden.
    For some weird reason it is one of Channel 4's first programmes that sticks in my mind, strangely not 'Countdown'.
    here u go mate.
    http://youtu.be/kgzJe1z3Jtg

it ran from September 17, 1991 to May 25, 1999.
    Last edited by darren; 29-08-2011, 01:08.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Channel 4 1980's Home Improvement/DIY Programme

That's a comedy Darren. I don't think this is what Eddie was looking for. It was more a "how to" show that covered stuff like how to lay carpets and paint the skirting boards. I have no idea what the hell it was called though. I didn't know they were all actors, but then again I was very young when it was on. I might have even been a toddler.

Comment

Working...
      X