**** saturday night tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: **** saturday night tv

Caught an episode of 'You Bet' on Challenge this morning. What a hoot. It was a Matthew Kelly one with his wooly hair and loads of nasty perms in the audience. And on the panel there was a still alive Brian Johnson, a still married Derek Redmond and Sharon Davies and a still sober Sarah Kennedy. This little kid could identify small bits of the London Underground map in black and white. I was very impressed, wonder if he runs the underground now?! Still a surprisingly entertaining show after all these years.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      Caught an episode of 'You Bet' on Challenge this morning. What a hoot. It was a Matthew Kelly one with his wooly hair and loads of nasty perms in the audience. And on the panel there was a still alive Brian Johnson, a still married Derek Redmond and Sharon Davies and a still sober Sarah Kennedy. This little kid could identify small bits of the London Underground map in black and white. I was very impressed, wonder if he runs the underground now?! Still a surprisingly entertaining show after all these years.
      i find most eighties and early to mid nineties still very entertaining mate.

they seem to have a certain magic about them that shows now do not.

a show i still watch is play your cards right with bruce.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Sir Bruce!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Sir Bruce!
          He could still be a big Knight, if he Plays His Cards Right!

Thankyouverymuch! Taxi for Maxi!
          "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Sir Bruce!
            Bruce sure deserved his knighthood.

It took long enough him been given it.

A true legend.

WHAT DO POINTS MAKE PRIZES.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
              I liked You Bet. When Matthew Kelly presented it my Mum used to say he looked smelly and like a dog...lol. Harsh! I think You Bet used to be live sometimes. Didn't like How Do They Do That...? Des Lynam was going through a weird popularity phase on tv and he just seemed dull to me, the woman on the show was a bit randy looking to me...then Eamon Holmes presented it and I really cannot stand him - he just got fatter and fatter...His wife Kay Burley looks like she must play away a lot of the time, cannot blame her...lol.

Yep, You Bet was cool, the last presenter of the show was Davina MacCall who my Mum didn't like - but I did.
              Oh wow, deja vu! It's like my Nan's in the room

Comment

Originally posted by gturner200561 View Post
                One thing I remember about You Bet was a strange Scottish woman on the panel who always wore outlandish clothes and really big specs. I think Mathew Kelly called her by her surname.
                Kate Copstick? I thought she got HIV cos she was on the news working for a charity investigating medical breakthroughs in that area and it said she was going to be infected with it via blood transfusions to then see if medicines created would stabilise or cure the HIV from her...brave woman if she did do it....This was about 20 odd years ago maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenone View Post
                  He is actually married to that Ruth woman (Langford??) with whom he sometimes presents This Morning.
                  Got the name wrong....lol. But yes, Eaoman is a right misery...that post about the impressionist who cannot do it anymore....what a so and so, he should be on digitalspy forum, they're all miserable lol! Maybe he already is!

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                    Oh wow, deja vu! It's like my Nan's in the room
                    My Mum also used to look at weird men on the news and the like and blurt out: 'he looks like a rapist'....lol. A neighbours then girlfriend once said the same when I was round their place a few years back and she said her Mum used to say that too....If your Nan said things like that an all I'll laugh....

Comment

My Mum also used to look at weird men on the news and the like and blurt out: 'he looks like a rapist'....lol. A neighbours then girlfriend once said the same when I was round their place a few years back and she said her Mum used to say that too....If your Nan said things like that an all I'll laugh....
                      did your mum do this with any other men mate.

Comment

No, it was just her wry observational skills, any old programme really, sometimes she'd look at someone and say things like 'he looks gay' which was funny as 'how can someone look gay I mean, John Inmans gay, Larry Grayson was gay but those ones went over her head, she did get a lot of them right though - ashe always thought Russell Harty was gay, but he was a cool interviewer, shame hes gone (RIP Harty)- sometimes she'd come home and say she'd been in M and S or Tesco's or such and talk about some bloke who looked 'odd' to my Dad and I'd overhear it. As an adult (meaning me), she used to simply take the proverbial out of odd looking people on the telly. One of our collective family favourites was seeing people on telly with bad teeth, discoloured teeth and one of us would blurt out that 'I bet he / she's got a smelly mouth!' And then my Mum or Dad would reply that said individual on telly should really use either Domestos, Cillit Bang, Astonish or some other powerful product to clear up their bad breath! Hilarity ensued and ensured....you had to be there I guess, it was funny...bliss as Doogal would say.....

Comment

yell me mate have u started saying thinhs like this
                          No, it was just her wry observational skills, any old programme really, sometimes she'd look at someone and say things like 'he looks gay' which was funny as 'how can someone look gay I mean, John Inmans gay, Larry Grayson was gay but those ones went over her head, she did get a lot of them right though - ashe always thought Russell Harty was gay, but he was a cool interviewer, shame hes gone (RIP Harty)- sometimes she'd come home and say she'd been in M and S or Tesco's or such and talk about some bloke who looked 'odd' to my Dad and I'd overhear it. As an adult (meaning me), she used to simply take the proverbial out of odd looking people on the telly. One of our collective family favourites was seeing people on telly with bad teeth, discoloured teeth and one of us would blurt out that 'I bet he / she's got a smelly mouth!' And then my Mum or Dad would reply that said individual on telly should really use either Domestos, Cillit Bang, Astonish or some other powerful product to clear up their bad breath! Hilarity ensued and ensured....you had to be there I guess, it was funny...bliss as Doogal would say.....

what a cracker.

tell me mate have u picked up this habit your parents had.
                          as u know kids tend to do things their parents did.

Comment

'he looks like a rapist'
                            Yep, that's the sort of thing, all based on the way people looked. Apparently "You just have to look at them!" to see for a fact that there were lurid shenanigans going on between Peters & Lee, likewise The Carpenters. Bruce Forsythe and Charlie Drake amongst others were singled out for particular pathological hatred and we couldn't even watch Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em! She was a constant source of embarrassment if we had guests and ruined many an otherwise innocent programme with her wild speculations

In answer to your question Darren, it taught me not to be so quick to judge on appearances...and that Nan, much as I loved her, was barking mad

Comment

Working...
                            X