Strange cartoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange cartoon

I wonder does anyone else recall this cartoon series that I rermember seeing in the late 70s.There was no dialogue and it would always start with a concert pianist walking out onto a stage and taking his place at the piano.Then somehow through the piano he'd enter a strange world every week.The only one I can remember with any clarity is where he's in a kind of Arabian nights adventure and theres a bit where he's in a sportscar being chased by a genie or magican on a magic carpet.It was on RTE(Irish state telly)that I saw it so don't know if it was shown in the UK.I've a funny feeling it might have been one of those crazy Eastern European cartoons.

Re: Strange cartoon

Originally posted by darkdubh View Post
    I wonder does anyone else recall this cartoon series that I rermember seeing in the late 70s.There was no dialogue and it would always start with a concert pianist walking out onto a stage and taking his place at the piano.Then somehow through the piano he'd enter a strange world every week.The only one I can remember with any clarity is where he's in a kind of Arabian nights adventure and theres a bit where he's in a sportscar being chased by a genie or magican on a magic carpet.It was on RTE(Irish state telly)that I saw it so don't know if it was shown in the UK.I've a funny feeling it might have been one of those crazy Eastern European cartoons.
    Anyone???

Comment

maybe you dreamt this?

Comment

A bit of a long shot, how about this?

Pontoffel Pock, Where Are You?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295628/

Comment

I was thinking the other day that it sounded like something by DePatie-Freleng.

Comment

Originally posted by Gothic View Post
            A bit of a long shot, how about this?

Pontoffel Pock, Where Are You?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295628/
            It sounds like it but there was no dialogue at all in the cartoon I saw so that would rule it out.

Comment

hmmm, I don't think we had that toon shown in Scotland??
              DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Working...
              X