1970's Children's TV Presenter Whose First Name Was John, Jon or Johnny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's Children's TV Presenter Whose First Name Was John, Jon or Johnny

I have now reached the age of 54 and often reminisce aboutmy childhood and especially the programmes I watched on television. Like lotsof my contemporaries, I watched the typical children’s TV magazine programmessuch as Blue Peter, Magpie and Newsround. However, I remember a presenter on asimilar factually based programme whose first name was John, Jon or Johnny, butfor the life of me can’t remember his surname. He had blonde hair and spokewith a posh English accent. He was clearly an expert sailor, as he would often beseen at the helm of a yacht or plotting a course before the advent of sat nav. Ifanyone remembers John (Jon or Johnny) the programme in which he appeared orindeed his second name, that would be great.

Re: 1970's Children's TV Presenter Whose First Name Was John, Jon or Johnny

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
    I have now reached the age of 54 and often reminisce aboutmy childhood and especially the programmes I watched on television. Like lotsof my contemporaries, I watched the typical children’s TV magazine programmessuch as Blue Peter, Magpie and Newsround. However, I remember a presenter on asimilar factually based programme whose first name was John, Jon or Johnny, butfor the life of me can’t remember his surname. He had blonde hair and spokewith a posh English accent. He was clearly an expert sailor, as he would often beseen at the helm of a yacht or plotting a course before the advent of sat nav. Ifanyone remembers John (Jon or Johnny) the programme in which he appeared orindeed his second name, that would be great.
    I assume you font mean Johnny Morris from animal magic
    he was a zoo keeper not a sailor so i doubt its him

Comment

Working...
    X