Right Charlie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Charlie!

Does anyone remember the clown Charlie Cairoli?

He was at the Blackpool Tower circus for years and on the TV a lot especially the early to mid 70's.

He had a stooge called Jimmy who used to wear a kilt and a vest mainly.

All manner of verbal abuse and pouring milk and water etc. on him was done i seem to remember.

Was amusing at the time anyway. lol.

Re: Right Charlie!

I remember Charlie Cairoli, I always loved his bright red nose.He always had a chap on his tv show, who did an act with Budgerigars, they walked tightropes and rode little bicycles.
    Happy days lol

Comment

Originally posted by daffyduxxx View Post
      I remember Charlie Cairoli, I always loved his bright red nose.He always had a chap on his tv show, who did an act with Budgerigars, they walked tightropes and rode little bicycles.
      Happy days lol
      Now you mention the budgerigars I remember him! Wasn't around at the same time as David Nixon?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorQui View Post
        Now you mention the budgerigars I remember him! Wasn't around at the same time as David Nixon?
        I think you mean Norman Barrett

http://www.circopedia.org/index.php/Norman_Barrett

Who is a world famous ringmaster and animal trainer, and our resident ringmaster at Blackpool Tower Circus until the 1990s when the organisers banned animal acts. Norman Barrett is still performing his budgerigar act with zippos circus at the age of 73!! He still lives in Blackpool when not travelling with the circus.

http://www.zipposcircus.co.uk/

I used to go to the Blackpool Tower Circus every year as a child and have very fond memories of Carletto (Charlie) Cairoli, his son Charlie junior, and of course his stooge "little" Jimmy Buchannan. They were and still are legends here.
        Last edited by Shadowman; 27-08-2012, 23:16.

Comment

Working...
        X