80's Indian show on UK tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Indian show on UK tv?

I have vague memories of a show that was on early Sunday morning in the mid-80's that had a distinct Indian flavour to it. It was made in Britain and was on one of the 4 UK stations of the day (BBC1 BBC2 ITV CH4).

In our pre-internet, pre-57-channels era I think it was meant to be a sort of "catch all" show for Indian culture in Britain at the time? It had a full Indian cast and was set in a studio. I can't really remember what it was about but I don't think it involved acting. I think it was a presenter based show? I think it even might have shown clips from Bollywood movies. It seemed to be a 'bit of everything' iirc which is why I'm having a hard time describing it.

I'm sorry my description is so vague. I can't really remember more than that. I'm not from India or even the UK and I remember this show being my first introduction to Indian people. I found it fairly interesting and different.

Anyway, if you have any idea what it was then I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!
    Last edited by Avahi1057; 20-09-2012, 22:56.

Re: 80's Indian show on UK tv?

Was it the early morning show called something like Niyah Zindajee Naya Jeevan ? don't know if I've spelled it correctly, but that was def the name, I even remember the theme song. It was a studio based Indian magazine programme shown each weekend on the Beeb early in the morning, before the church stuff and late morning kids telly. is that whatyou're thinking of? Sorry, I'm not techie enough to find and paste a link, but you could try googling or you-tubing for it. Let me know ifit's the one Im thinking of !

Comment

Only one i can suggest is that indian drama "marharabat" or something like that....

Comment

Aap kaa hak?
        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Nai Zindagi Naya Jeevan is correct spelling - find it on Wiki or YouTube!

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
            Aap kaa hak?
            Hi.I presented this programme for Asian viewers for a long time-1980-1993.
            It was a Citizens'Rights Programme.
            Parent programme was presented by Lord Michael Winstanley and
            was called This Is Your Right (TIYR)
            It is nice to hear that some people still remember the show.
            With best wishes for coming festive season-X-mas and New Year

Shiv Pande

Comment

Working...
            X