west country sit-com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west country sit-com

This one has been bugging me for a while now. A sit-com based in the west country, seemed to center around the local pub. Can't remember what the central theme was but as an aside most of the village inhabitants communicated with cb radios. Probably only ran one series if that, may even have been only a pilot?

Re: west country sit-com

This might not be right, but in 1990 there was a sitcom which only ran for one series called 'Not With A Bang' which starred Ronald Pickup and Stephen Rea as the only inhabitants left in a country village with a pub (can't remember where, think it was supposed to be Yorkshire, but it could have been in the West Country), and they were joined in the first episode by potholers played by Mike Grady and Josie Lawrence. They seemed to be the only survivors of a holocaust caused by Judith Hann dropping a test tube of an ageing hormone (or something like that) in a 'Tomorrow's World'-type TV programme at the start of the first episode, which seemingly instantly wiped out the entire world population except for anyone undercover or somehow sheltering at that moment. The series largely comprised of the 4 people trying to make contact with any other potential survivors by CB radios and through other means, and arguing about how they were going to try to repopulate the country. I enjoyed it, but I had a feeling at the time that I might have been one of only about a dozen viewers!
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Working...
    X