Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid to late 1980s Kids TV show on The Children's Channel (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid to late 1980s Kids TV show on The Children's Channel (UK)

I'm trying to trace a pre-school 'Sesame Street'/'Under the Umberella Tree' style show that was aired on The Children's Channel in the late 1980's. It involved puppets, some life size IIRC as well as adult presenters.

I remember it had a music style theme...distinctly remember them doing a song about head, shoulders, knees and toes etc. and another song ''Look in any mirror and see who's standing there.....it must be myself and nobody else, that person standing there'! Was geared at very young kids.

The things you remember! Wish I could remember what the name of that show was. It was definitely TCC/'Jack in the Box' in the mid to late 1980's. It is possible that it was independently produced for TCC at the time.

I seem to remember that the mascot puppet tended to alternate between two characters. The setting is hard to remember (It wasn't set on a farm or on a bus etc.) which leads me to assume it was set in a room-style studio.
    Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Re: Mid to late 1980s Kids TV show on The Children's Channel (UK)

It makes me think of a couple of 80s pre-school shows. You and Me was set in a studio. It featured an adult presenter and the two puppets Cosmo and Dibbs. I think sesame street started just after it finished. The other show it reminds me of is Puddle Lane. That featured some music in each episode. The main adult character was The Magician. The only other adult character was Aunty Flo. The two main puppets were Toby the dragon, and Snodgrass the snake. There were also a few other puppets that were minor characters. Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: Mid to late 1980s Kids TV show on The Children's Channel (UK)

Someone seems to think I am remembering a TCC produced pre-school programme called 'Magic Corner'. It apparently had a puppet called Isaac and possibly another puppet too. I can't seem to find too much more info about it.
      Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

Working...
      X