Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern european Cat and Dog cartoon early 80s?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern european Cat and Dog cartoon early 80s?????

im trying to find info on a cartoon I remember as a kid... it featured a cat (and a dog I believe), was most probably eastern european and didnt have any speech in it, but always had a catchy tune running through it..... It was a series and was quite short and im sure it was on ITV in the early 80s. it may have been a bit older than that though.

It made a brief reappearance on a show called 'Stories without words' on cable tv's The Childrens Channel in the early to mid 90s.

the only other thing I remember is the cat was dark blue and had a dark fringe...i think!!!

anyone remember its name?. the tune running through it was so catchy.

the memory is very vague cos i was so young when it first came out.

thanks!

Re: Eastern european Cat and Dog cartoon early 80s?????

Most of the shorts which were shown on Stories without Words were imported from the former Czechoslovakia. Some were also Polish and Hungarian too. Here is a list. I found one or two Cat and Dog cartoons but not any that match your description. The fact that it was shown on BBC or CITV prior to being shown on TCC is a good sign and will make it easier to trace. I do know that some of the European shorts shown on TCC had never been shown prior in the UK and have never been shown since.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...opeanAnimation
    Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

Comment

Working...
    X