Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something like the Rescuers...but not? It's live action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something like the Rescuers...but not? It's live action.

Hi all, sorry to be a nuisance on my first post...

I was talking with the gf last night (she's 24, which might help give an indication of the era we're talking). She said during breaktimes at either infant's or juniors, so either way, aged 5 - 11, more likely in the lower of that region (she was born in 1989), they used to put on the TV, and at one point, it was a series about a child or children protecting a bird (she seems to think it was an eagle) from bad people, like a poacher who pretended to be a good guy, and towards the end, revealed himself as a bad guy.

I don't know any more than the following:
    • It was live action
    • It involved a bird of some description, supposedly an eagle
    • It involved children protecting the aforementioned bird
    • It was on VHS, but I don't know if it was an official VHS or recorded off the TV

That's literally all I have. I know that's horribly unhelpful, but I'm REALLY hoping someone recognises it. We're in the UK, if that makes a difference at all, and I'd be eternally grateful to anyone who could provide me with a name, a character name, an episode title, absolutely ANYTHING that could narrow down my search!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Something like the Rescuers...but not? It's live action.

Just wondering if it might be from "Look and read" the BBC schools tv programme. If so they had a story called "Sky Hunter" which sounds like it might fit the bill

Comment

It looks plausible, definitely very possible. The gf finishes work in a few minutes, so I'll give her a ring and ask if that fits, and if it does, I'll start looking for it. Thankyou massively for your contribution, and I'll reply and tell you if it's right as soon as I know

Comment

Originally posted by Shado66 View Post
        Just wondering if it might be from "Look and read" the BBC schools tv programme. If so they had a story called "Sky Hunter" which sounds like it might fit the bill
        You were absolutely right, it was L&R, I just confirmed it with her, you're an absolute star, thankyou!

Comment

Glad to help. I had it lodged somewhere in the back of my brain gathering cobwebs.

Comment

Working...
          X