Thriller 70's TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thriller 70's TV Series

My favourite series on Saturday nights in the 70's was Thriller, which had some real scary stories in it and starred such top American actresses as Donna Mills (loved her episode about the haunted car). Loved the creepy theme tune too over the fish eye lens of the country house. Am pleased to say that I now own the whole series on dvd boxed set to watch whenever I like!
    Wirral Writer
    www.alantoner.com

Re: Thriller 70's TV Series

Splendid series..."Someone at the top of the stairs" also starring Donna Mills was my favourite !! "Marvellous" ( in-joke for those that remember it )

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
      My favourite series on Saturday nights in the 70's was Thriller, which had some real scary stories in it and starred such top American actresses as Donna Mills (loved her episode about the haunted car). Loved the creepy theme tune too over the fish eye lens of the country house. Am pleased to say that I now own the whole series on dvd boxed set to watch whenever I like!
      http://www.markmcm.co.uk/blacknun/thriller/index.html

Comment

I'm so mean, I watched some of them when they were on YouTube, and thought they were okay, but I wouldn't go out and buy the DVD I don't think.

The one I recall was some mad old scientist who invited four young science students to a seminar at his mansion. He had some mad homicidal maniac butler who bumped them off one by one, turned out they were all orphans who had no family who would miss them and that's why they were chosen. It was some sort of weird psychological experiment the scientist was conducting, whereby he'd knock the student out, wire them to a machine and monitor the brain activity while they were being battered senseless by the mad butler.

So really, it was all a bit mad, and a bit OTT to be truly scary. But other ones were better, I think.

Comment

Working...
        X