Please please help me find the name of this 90s BBC kids TV programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please please help me find the name of this 90s BBC kids TV programme

I think this programme was on the BBC around the time / slightly before another great kids TV programme called Aquilla (which ran from 1997).

So, I'd say this programme was on CBBC sometime in the period 1995-1997.

The protagonist was a boy of about 11. He went to a 1990s UK comprehensive (secondary?) school.

He and his friend / brother (?) found a way into a magical other world. A short time in this magical world was the same as several months in the real world.

At some point in the series his brother got lost / stayed in the magical world and the protagonist came back to the real world. Everyone was very sad about his brother going missing and the protagonist felt agitated and upset with the situation and the other people.

***I think it all began with a magical white/silver horse that the protagonist encountered in the real world and this was the starting point of him being able to see into the magical world.***

Memory is a tricky thing. I would really, really appreciate any ideas at to what this programme was called.

(It definitely wasn't any of the Narnia adaptations, I know it has some similar elements but it was a different story entirely).

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Re: Please please help me find the name of this 90s BBC kids TV programme

The big BBC dramas of That time were Elidor and Earthfasts. Elidor was where a bunch of kids went in to a derelict Church and entered the land of Elidor and Met with a man called Malebron who said they had to protect the treasures of Elidor. there was an white horse in that one. or was it Earthfasts with a young Paul Nicholls where the drummer boy went into the side of the hill with a lit candle and there was a Bogart?

Comment

Working...
    X