Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with tv series from late 80's/ early 90's

Hi everyone,
    wanted some help trying to find a tv series i remember watching as a child.
    unfortunately I only remember a brief amount.

the series was aired on uk tv late 80's or early 90's (I'm swinging more towards early90's)
    it was a ww2 drama set in the jungle I think about Australian troops, but it could of been British.
    one distinctive part I recall was Japanese machine gun bunker and it having the allied troops pinned down. I also remember the Japanese occupant sneaking to an allied camp and stealing maggot ridden thrown away cans of food.
    It's defiantly not the "heroes" series about jay wick.

This is a long shot but any help would be grateful.

ash

Re: Help with tv series from late 80's/ early 90's

Anzacs?

Comment

Opps..too early ^ WW1

Comment

hi,i was just reading your post,and your basic description reminded me of a couple of things.back in the late 80s early 90s,i used to watch neighbours,and there was an actor in it called craig McLachlan,i think he played kylie minogues brother.in the early 90s he was in a couple things that fit your description.he was in something called''heroes II:the return'',and in something else called''absent without leave''.in one he played an aussie soldier,and in the other a new zealander,but in both he was battling against the Japanese.unfortunately its been so long that I cant remember many scenes from them.my apologies in advance if its not the right programme,and ive led you down a dead end

Comment

Originally posted by denimchild View Post
          hi,i was just reading your post,and your basic description reminded me of a couple of things.back in the late 80s early 90s,i used to watch neighbours,and there was an actor in it called craig McLachlan,i think he played kylie minogues brother.in the early 90s he was in a couple things that fit your description.he was in something called''heroes II:the return'',and in something else called''absent without leave''.in one he played an aussie soldier,and in the other a new zealander,but in both he was battling against the Japanese.unfortunately its been so long that I cant remember many scenes from them.my apologies in advance if its not the right programme,and ive led you down a dead end
          Hey, it's definitely not the hereos series, I've added that to my collection recently.
          But I will have a look for the other one and let you know.
          thanks for the help.
          ash

Comment

Working...
          X