help! what's it called??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! what's it called??

Can anyone help me find the name of a tv prog. in the late 70's. All I can remember was it being set in Georgian(?) times and was mainly about the servants with a black actor as a footman(?) but during the day they changed into waxworks and were part of a house museum? I think a young girl could see them come to life and interact with them. Somewhere deep in my memory I believe it might have been on at lunchtimes? Maybe that's why I cant remember much more than that. Please help. I've tried googling it but to no avail.

Re: help! what's it called??

The Enchanted Castle?

Comment

Could be the Georgian house which would of been shown around the mid 70's.The house was a museum, the lead character travelled back in time to the Georgian period. One a young lady became a member of the rich family who owned the house the other a young lad ended up a servant below stairs. They befriended a colored servant/slave who turns out to be their only hope getting home. I can remember the African drum in the drama mostly.

Comment

Sounds a bit more like it. Thanks.

Comment

Wasn't his name 'Ngo'? Or am I in the wrong programme?

Comment

Yes it was Ngo played by Brinsley Forde who I believe went on to sing in Aswad! Apparently you can get some of the remaining episodes on DVD although a lot were wiped! Thanks for solving a 30 odd year mystery for me.

Comment

That would be Brinsley Forde of "Double Deckers" fame then?

Sounds like a great programme.
              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I can remember the drama as not very fast paced nor much action but it was very captivating and the characters were played superbly. Such a pity half the episodes no longer survive. Yes the colored servant was Ngo played by Brinsley Forde who if I remember rightly gave most of the story it's edge and grit. I have a feeling it was the time travelling element that got my interest all those years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X