The Witches and the Grinnygog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witches and the Grinnygog.

Browsing through u-tube and came across the complete series of The witches and the Grinnygog. It was a children's drama shown back in 1983.As far as I know it has not been shown on TV since and has no video or dvd release.
    It is a fantastic story. The Grinnygog is an ancient statue that was removed from the church where it resided when the church was being dismantled. It fell from the back of the lorry to be picked up by a woman who gave it to her elderly father as a gnome for his rockery. The Grinnygog not being happy brings three witches from the past to our time to retrieve the statue who end up being helped by the children in the story. It's good as it shows the witches as nice kind characters and not as they were often shown on TV back when the program was made. A fantastic story of sorcery and magic but done in a tasteful and lighthearted approach.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWuVQyAvtFU

It's worth a look, and will certainly bring back a few memories for people who were growing up in the early 80's.It's also a chance to see this rare children's drama again after all these years.

Re: The Witches and the Grinnygog.

I have just started to watch this excellent series for the first time after getting it from a collector on DVD. It's got a good storyline and I was surprised to see a young Adam Woodyatt (Eastenders' Ian Beale) as one of the characters.

Comment

Working...
    X