The Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Master

Anyone remember an 80's TV series called The Master? It starred Lee Van Cleef as a Ninja! (I sh!t you not!). He played John Peter McCallister, the "first Occidental to become a ninja" (Wikipedia). According to imdb it was made in 1984. I was about 9 or 10 at the time. Had to have special permission from my parents to stay up and watch it (think it was on Thursdays at 11.30pm-12.30am, very late for a schoolboy on a school night!). Sho Kosugi played Okasa, Van Cleef's nemesis. Ninjas were all the rage in the 80's, there were loads of rubbish ninja films that you'd rent from the video shop and slag off in school next day. Heres the Wikipedia entry for the Master-

The Master (1984) is a short-lived ninja-themed action-adventure TV series created by Michael Sloan which aired on NBC. The show focused on the adventures of John Peter McAllister, an aging ninja master, (Lee Van Cleef) and his young pupil, Max Keller (Timothy Van Patten). Most episodes focused on the mismatched pair driving around in a custom van, helping people in need along the way, similar to its more well-known contemporary, The A-Team. The Master lasted only 13 episodes before cancellation.

Considering there were only 13 episodes, this looms large in my childhood memories!

I remember this yep, Lee Van Cleef is/was a legend, liked it and became a fan of Sho Kosugi (Is that how you spell it? Thought it had a 'sh' at the end, though thats a triffling matter, loved Revenge of the Ninja too. Think ninja's were a big 80's thing, American ninja, Enter the nija etc.

Comment

Correct spelling according to Wiki!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sho_Kosugi

Maybe "Sho Kosugish" was someone else trying to cash in, like those films that used to come out starring "Bruce Li" and various other variations!

Comment

Ok sorry, you were right how the rip off would change like one letter of a name, or the rip off movies, the Rambo and Mad Max clones spring to mind especially.

Comment

Working...
        X