Public information Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Public information Films

There have been quite a few PIFs set on beaches such as the "broken glass in the sand" one - the garden ponds one mentioned at the start of this thread sounds similar to that one - the fact that sand was implicated in the PIF as it was recommended that ponds should be filled in and made into sandpits.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Comment

Re: Public information Films

There was also a Christmas themed one about fire, which I assumed was shown at this time of year in the 1970s and early 1980s and had a Patrick Allen voiceover.

And that one from around 2003 about cooking turkeys - cue a huge turkey chasing a woman around a living room. Was seen usually during GMTV ad breaks.
      Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Comment

So apparently the holy grail of PIFs , the Reginald Molehusband one is missing or lost.
        the original audio is available but not the video and I think someone like vic reeves re-enacted it

Comment

there was a PIF about clothing fires from the mid to late 90s showing situations of people's clothes very near to something flammable. This included a slow-mo shot of a little girl spinning around bringing her nightdress and long hair too close to an unguarded fire.

Comment

I had in my mind a PIF which had a clothes horse (or "airer", pronounced "era" by my late mother) with clothes hanging on it which was too close to a fire or something - could that be the same one?

Comment

Working...
            X