Story lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story lines

Watching modern TV dramas it occurred to me how many nowadays “flashback” .
    so many now to the point it’s becoming irritating
    I can’t recall many tv dramas made before the movie Momento where the storyline was not linear. It seems like the film set a trend where we were constantly reading caption of “three months earlier” and the like .
    for me it has become very tiresome

Re: Story lines

It seems to be mostly an American thing, but when they do that, and obviously they go back to when an adult character was a child, a younger person would be drafted in to play the child version of that character.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Just started to watch the BBCs “serpent” and lo and behold it skips back and forth more than a charity shop LP.
      a good series but I fail to see any benefit as to why it’s been produced like this other than to be on trend.
      I think it would have been better made with a linear storyline

Comment

The 'previously on...' clips of previous episodes were always used in American TV to carch up whenever there was a 2-part episode. In the early 80s, starting around the era of shows like 'Dallas' and 'Hill Street Blues', they became a weekly part of the show.
        The non-linear storytelling is different, and has absolutely been done to death.

Comment

Working...
        X