Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with name of an 80's show

Hi everyone,
    Can someone please help me with the name of a show from the 80's. I think it was on air at the same sort of time as dynasty was shown. It was about a model agency/photographers and I think it was an american programme. I think the lead was played by a good looking male and I think he got repleced by another actor because he had an accident while filming a scene with a gun and fake bullets (think he was shot and even died??). It was a crime busting/spy theme and I don't think it ran for long. This has been bugging me for ages. If anyone can help it would be really appricaiated. Can't even think who was in it or what it was called. Possibly on Friday evenings??

Re: Help with name of an 80's show

I think the name of the programme your after was called Cover Up. It starred Jon Eric Hexum as a former Green Beret called Mac Harper. It was a sort of spy drama. He ''played'' a male model while the ''photographer'' was looking for the killer of her husband. They were sent on missions by their boss to help Americans in trouble in different parts of the world. It didn't run for long because Jon Eric Hexum died in a shooting accident on set. He was replaced but only for one series.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thats the one

Comment

Used to love it - had Holding Out For A Hero as it's theme tune. Jon Eric was GORGEOUS

Comment

Thank you Steve. I was starting to wonder if I had dreamed the whole thing up. This has been bugging me for ages so at last it can be put to rest. I loved this show when it started and yes I too had the hots for the young male star of the show. Such a shame his life was cut short by a stupid accident. Anyway thanks again!!

Comment

I looked him up on IMDB and it says that on October 12th 1984 after a long and draining day of shooting the sitcom he became borred with the extensive delays and jokingly put a prop .44 magnum to his temple and pulled the trigger the gun fired and the wadding from the blank shattered his skull, he was rushed to the hospital and they worked on him for 5 hours but they could'nt fix him, 1 week later he was taken off life support and passed away, it also says that he was an organ doner and that 5 others were assisted or saved because of him.

Comment

Working...
            X