No announcement yet.

Which Dr (Who)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeha Colin was Kool would have liked to have seen more of his incarnation, as i've heard him say he had a game plan where he wanted to take his Doctor, would have been good to have seen this on tv.

Comment

Peter Cushing was brilliant as hte doctor, i like to think of his portrail as like an alternate Doctor, would have been good to him face other monters like the Cybermen, i recall going to the cinema to see the films, great on a big screen, and still good now, big film budget Doctor Who, a wild rumor mill has started about the chanc eof a new Who film because of the popularity of it coming back now......how kool would that be.

Comment

DID,NT WATCH IT MUCH BUT ITS GOT TO BE JOHN PERTWEE FOR ME

Comment

Well i think its the Doctor you grow up watching, as was Jon Pertwee for me too, who can forget as a kid, the shop dummies/Autons crashing thorugh the shop windows on the high street, classic stuff.

Comment

Jon Pertwee is the one I grew up with,but Tom Baker was the best Doctor IMHO

Comment

I love them all, and hte new series is continuing the tradition, though the good Doctor only had 12 regenerations.......time's running out.

Comment

I think the lad Baker just shades it over Pertwee for me.
                They were all* pretty good as I remember by Tom just took the part and gave so much to it.

I've watched the new stuff and been impressed. My 3 year old daughter loves it (K9 a particular favourite) and even my wife would watch it out of choice so it really does seem to tick all the boxes as far as family entertainment goes.

Well, I say 'all', but I pretty much stopped watching it regularly after Peter Davison

Comment

Doctor's number 4 - 6 plus 9 & 10 are my favs - too young to really remember William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton & Jon Pertwee (although have seen some repeats but wasn't too impressed - especially as JP's solution to everything was to "reverse the polarity" no matter what the situation or technical equipment they had - why not keep it reversed all the time? There'd be no problems at all then!!!)

Started watching when it was Tom Baker, then Peter Davidson & Colin Baker. Switched off when it was Sylvester McCoy (what were they thinking of?) and the movie with the McGann lad was bobbins.

The new ones, Christopher Eccleston & David Tennant are excellent - love the new shows. And Torchwood is also shaping up to be a great show too.

Comment

Torchwood rocks, and melts my heart, well Eve does anyhow. But as with Russell T. Davies writing, he leaves clues and red herrings all over ht eplace about how Jack got back to earth, and he had a child, was pregnant, omg stop the press Russell fill some gaps in please.

Comment

I agree Mr T. Davies is doing an excellent job. He does set up the 'long story' well which is a change from how it was done with most previous Docters storys. I love that the episodes are a lot longer than they used to be but wish that the individual stories could perhaps be a bit longer than the two-part maximum they seemed to have reached. Yes it's 'difficult' drawing out a narrative but sometimes I think they try too hard to fit everything into the one episode.
                      Still, as I said before, my 3 year old loves it so maybe it's just me placing my expectations as a 30 something male onto a format which is directed at a target audience much younger than I am.
                      Must. Learn. To. Let. Go.

Torchwood I do like. I'm not sure (is it sure?) what the audience is, but I thought that the last episode was a real stand out one. Liked it alot. I think it's good that all the lessons that American sci-fi has learnt from the UK are starting to come home to roost.

Comment

Us Brits always do gritty sci-fi way better than everywhere else, bar maybe for Firefly, Stargates gone on way too long, and is boring as hell, they overkilled Star Trek, been watching some of the classic Kirk stories and they're still kool. Farscape was great too, but wooden Stargate killed that off, Torchwood is gritty, dark, and sexy, and its set in Caridff, and Doctor Who, yes should episodes be longer excepet for one episode which I still detest, but still can't wait for the Runaway bride at christmas.

Comment

Working...
                        X