Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The wonder years

It WAS a good show.
    I recorded a lot of them when the first 2 seasons (I think) were repeated on the ABC last year

Comment

Adorable show. My hubbie used to sneak out of work early to get home to watch this show with me when we first started living together. I was devastated by the final episode, especially to learn that Kev and Winnie never actually stayed together. I loved Kev's dad and brother, but the mum depressed me slightly - she was a bit of a martyr.

Comment

yes that was sad that kev and winnie neve stayed together.

to be fair i never thought they would.

yes the dad was a good laugh as was the brother.

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
        Adorable show. My hubbie used to sneak out of work early to get home to watch this show with me when we first started living together. I was devastated by the final episode, especially to learn that Kev and Winnie never actually stayed together. I loved Kev's dad and brother, but the mum depressed me slightly - she was a bit of a martyr.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

My favourite episode was the one where Kevin had to take his best mate's little sister to the prom, even though he found her tiresome - though she was madly in love with him - instead of going to the High School game to ogle the cheerleader (whose stuffing came out of her bra at the game) . He was vile to his date all evening but ended up her hero when he jumped into the pool to retrieve a piece of her jewellery. So sweet.
          I always thought Winnnie a bit of an uptight bitch, and she seemed so much older than Kevin, but his unwavering devotion to her was very touching. I wanted them to end up together cos I'm a sucker for a happy ending!

Comment

Even though it was set in the 60's it did reming me a bit of my 70's growing up, The friendships, the family problems, the whole world of being "that age".

My youngest likes it as she remembers when she was at nursery and the wonder years was on at dinner time so I'd get her from nursery, come home, make lunch ("dinner" really, I'm from the north) and watch "Kevin and Winnie"

Comment

ah yes i do remember that episode.

i just had a feeling they would never end up together it was kev who wanted her more than the other way round

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
              My favourite episode was the one where Kevin had to take his best mate's little sister to the prom, even though he found her tiresome - though she was madly in love with him - instead of going to the High School game to ogle the cheerleader (whose stuffing came out of her bra at the game) . He was vile to his date all evening but ended up her hero when he jumped into the pool to retrieve a piece of her jewellery. So sweet.
              I always thought Winnnie a bit of an uptight bitch, and she seemed so much older than Kevin, but his unwavering devotion to her was very touching. I wanted them to end up together cos I'm a sucker for a happy ending!
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
              X