Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On The Buses

Originally posted by HG View Post
    This, I love watching the 70s and 80s stuff now and taking in all the street scenes etc, it certainly takes me back and makes me realise it was a long long time ago now. I do like the series though, corny as it is, sums the 70s attitudes up quite well
    It is almost as much fun to see what hasn't changed too. It always strikes me how certain housing estates look pretty much identical now to the way they did then, including those on On The Buses. I'm not sure why I'd think they would change because they are the same buildings after all, but somehow it seems strange.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      It is almost as much fun to see what hasn't changed too. It always strikes me how certain housing estates look pretty much identical now to the way they did then, including those on On The Buses. I'm not sure why I'd think they would change because they are the same buildings after all, but somehow it seems strange.
      Yep i know what you mean, it's only the general street scene that distinguishes them from now and that they look a bit more newer to what they do now, obviously.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I've moved some posts on old cars to a new thread as this one's gone totally off topic https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...12219-Old-cars
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Here's something a bit unusual -- a young Cecily Courtneidge (Series One Mrs Butler) from 1930. It's from the film Elstree Calling. Interestingly some of the segments of the film was directed by a young Alfred Hitchcock.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cCCcXzguSk

Comment

I love On The Buses, brilliant comedy.

Comment

Working...
            X