Welsh Learning Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh Learning Video

Here's a VHS deep drive for all the Welsh Posters.
    I am looking for information for a Learning Video that we had to watch for Welsh learning in Primary School in the 90s.
    The Video Series was about a travelling theatre troupe that would do a play using Welsh.
    Characters
    There was a man in a costume who was this beast (he might have been the main character he was on the VHS Spine) would pull the caravan in place of a horse, there was a puppet with yellow fur that use to open the curtains and was always sleepy (I think his name was Tillsley or something close). The remaining troupe included a man, a woman and a kid and the playwright who wrote the scripts. There might be more but I can't remember.
    General Plot
    The Credits would be seen as with the Beast guy pulling the Caravan across a road
    The episode would begin with the Playwright getting the idea to write the piece and the words that we would learn would be typewritten in front of us.
    The group would go about their day
    Then there was I think a song that went "sut wyt ti, sut wyt ti"
    There would be a play but I have no memory of how it ended.
    Episode
    The one episode I remembered the best had a sad Princess, the King (Beast) would give the Princess' hand to the man who would make her laugh. The man tries with a funny dance, the king laughs but the princess does not, the boy makes faces same thing happens, however the curtain puppet snores loudly and the Princess laughs making the half asleep puppet will marry the Princess.
    I hope that this will help as it was something that is still engraved in my brain.
Working...
X