Mismatched Television Memories from the 90's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mismatched Television Memories from the 90's

Here are some old memories that have played over and over in my mindset and so I wonder if somebody might just remember them:
    • The first memory that I seem to remember without any content is that of a scene from some show, a man is dressed in formal wear, he is older with a moustache. He is in the gents when something happens maybe he hits his head on the sink but he loses his eye with it looking straight at us. At the restaurant he is now sporting a eye patch, however he looks over and sees his eye in lieu of the Olive in a Martini the last moment has the eye being eaten cutting to black. It sounds like a fever dream and might be but it's a memory I still remember.
    • Then there was a drama that my aunt taped and I remember the opening scene in a kitchen when the Main Character (I think) and her Stepmom are reading magazines and there is a picture of Princess Diana in it (well it was the 90's) she then reveals in one of the cabinets more pictures of her and remarks on why she's in everything (I might have been 5 or 6 and my memories are saying before 97) , as they are chatting the main character asks her about her real Mother and she tells her what happened we see in Black and White flashback. After that my Mum picked me up and so I never saw the whole thing.
    • Then my last memory for the moment has me remember ITV Movies when they were sponsored by Doritos while some ads have appeared for the Premiere version I remember a very different series of adverts with people entering a Cinema in period clothes with the ushers helping out, during the first advert the audience would sit and there was two ladies in their box and upon the film starting somebody crunches their Doritos and they hush the person. Every break would have audience and ushers interaction pending the movie's genre, if sad there was ushers crying, if a horror a usher would scare a kid from the audience that went pass the curtain. The end advert had the audience leaving.
    I felt that there wasn't enough to write separate posts I just hope they are enough to get the ball rolling.

Erm....No, no and no, anything else just let me know
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
      [*]Then my last memory for the moment has me remember ITV Movies when they were sponsored by Doritos while some ads have appeared for the Premiere version I remember a very different series of adverts with people entering a Cinema in period clothes with the ushers helping out, during the first advert the audience would sit and there was two ladies in their box and upon the film starting somebody crunches their Doritos and they hush the person. Every break would have audience and ushers interaction pending the movie's genre, if sad there was ushers crying, if a horror a usher would scare a kid from the audience that went pass the curtain. The end advert had the audience leaving.[/LIST]I felt that there wasn't enough to write separate posts I just hope they are enough to get the ball rolling.
      The ITV movie sponsorship by Doritos - I know that there were complaints at the time to places like Right to Reply asking why dead actors are flogging crisps between films. The "Diet Coke" premiere sponsorship in around 1993 was no doubt a bit better - at least they were trying to rival the satellite and cable movie channels regarding premieres.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

The ITV movie sponsorship by Doritos - I know that there were complaints at the time to places like Right to Reply asking why dead actors are flogging crisps between films. The "Diet Coke" premiere sponsorship in around 1993 was no doubt a bit better - at least they were trying to rival the satellite and cable movie channels regarding premieres.
        Thank you for that I decided to make one more look and I found the Doritos ones it was a case of watching Ad here's a playlist for the premiere for Hocus Pocus https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZgzQgvwe_nQE48
        It's a case of looking up these vids from 1996/7 and there was a great moment of finding them again it was like the Family Reunion moment on Surprise Surprise

Comment

Working...
        X