Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Scientist and Robot TV act from the 70s

Hi,
    New here so many apologies if this has been covered before. Im wondering if anyone else remembers a spooky and unnerving variety act from the 70s or early 80s that I saw a couple of times on TV.
    It featured a mad scientist in laboratory, an ominous sci-fi drone like soundtrack and (as far as I can remember) a robot or some kind of being that he's bought to life, in a Frankenstein like fashion. There was an incredible twist at the end whereby the scientist is revealed as the robot and loses his head. Was I just having a fever dream that day? This wasn't an episode from a TV series - it was an act on a show...possibly something like Opportunity Knocks?? Thanks for any help - Im sure this has created some kind of trauma memory and i will be a better person when I figure it out...

I remember seeing that ,
    it was on Paul Daniel’s magic show

Comment

https://youtu.be/isOEPpOIHlo

here

Comment

Thanks so much! Looks like there are a few other performances on youtube too from the Professor and with original spooky soundtrack - the Paul Daniel's also cuts out a key moment at about the 15 sec mark...but I dont want to give anything away. It's a great little trick! Sorry again if this has all been covered before...

Comment

Working...
        X