Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a 60s/70s episode

Hi all
    I remember watching something in TV when I was young. I think it was a tv show like hammer house of horror. It was about two rock n roll singers (bit like Everley brothers) who ended up in this small village. A girl is murdered, and the villagers blame one of the singers . They take the law into their own hands and hang him.

Turns out he was innocent, and the brother said they will all pay. Fast forward 20 years or so, and this woman is trying to trace what happened to them, and ends up at the village.

Ends with the woman seeing the other brother, who is old, and he puts on shaking all over on the jukebox, sings to it, then jumps out the window to his death.

I thought the episode was called the black garrison, but cannot find anything about it online or on YouTube, so maybe I have the name wrong.

Anyone heard of it?

nope sry, not ringing any bells with me
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I think it could be an episode called Black Carrion in the series Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense.

Comment

well spotted!!

Comment

That looks like a likely match.

Nitpick - it was Fox Mystery Theatre, not Hammer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086970/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

synopsis: Two journalists search for a rock band that was popular 20 years ago but just seemed to have vanished and was never heard from again. Their investigation leads them to discover more about the band than they bargained for.

Storyline:
          A world-weary freelance author in need of work and a young female consultant, who's an expert on the history of 60s music, are hired by an avid record producer, who plans to make a nice buck by re-releasing the albums of an extremely popular 60s rock duo consisting of two wild brothers that simply disappeared from the scene in 1963 without an explanation, and write a "Where are they now" piece on them to promote the re-release. The pair discovers that the last gig the duo ever played was in a small, remote, ghostly village that's not on any recent map. As they approach the village, the woman's repressed memories of a traumatic event from her childhood begin to emerge.

Soundtracks:
          Shakin' All Over
          (uncredited)
          Written by Johnny Kidd

Pretty sure you've got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonraker View Post
            I think it could be an episode called Black Carrion in the series Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense. slope game
            It brings back a lot of memories for me.

Comment

Working...
            X