Help remembering a TV series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help remembering a TV series

I only have a vague recollection of part of the plot. Pretty sure it was a kids / teenagers programme from 1970s. A gang had held a family hostage. Possibly robbers on the run? In the end i seem to remember one of children being able to call the police by tapping the telephone hooks. During the series i seem to remember that the criminals had damaged the children's treehouse. just can't remember anything more. Thanks in advance. Richard

Originally posted by RLL_KMS View Post
    I only have a vague recollection of part of the plot. Pretty sure it was a kids / teenagers programme from 1970s. A gang had held a family hostage. Possibly robbers on the run? In the end i seem to remember one of children being able to call the police by tapping the telephone hooks. During the series i seem to remember that the criminals had damaged the children's treehouse. just can't remember anything more. Thanks in advance. Richard
    It sounds like the kids' show you're thinking of might be the British science fiction serial "Chocky" (1985) that was aimed at teens. Reasons why it could work:

Not quite a hostage situation, but our protagonist, Matthew, is stuck at home because an extraterrestrial creature called Chocky—which looks like a chocolate Easter egg—has taken up residence there.

There are criminals and a treehouse. Chocky isn't a thief, but he does have a mischievous side and may be considered as a troublemaker. In another episode, Matthew and Debbie try to construct a treehouse, but it gets destroyed because of some bizarre stuff that Chocky does.

While Chocky is busy disrupting phone lines, Matthew manages to get in touch with a scientist using an improvised gadget in one episode. Even while it's not quite hook-based, there is some element of utilizing non-traditional means of communication.

Comment

I do remember seeing the dialling out using the phone hook method somewhere , I even tried it after I watched it but I can’t remember what I saw it on . Don’t recall Chocky whatsoever , so it wouldn’t have been that

Comment

Working...
      X