Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a TV-Series from the early 00s

Hello,

when I was a kid, I used to watch a particular episode of either a US-American or Canadian TV series. I don't remember many details, but two specific scenarios are stuck in my head:

1. a flashback at the beginning of the episode: a young woman and her daughter are playing underneath a pavilion in their front yard. The mother is twirling her kid in circles, until she falls to the ground, blood flooding out of her head. The mother had been shot.

2. years later, two investigators (I recall a man and a woman) enter the former family's abandoned house and everything is dipped in a greenish color. After looking for evidence, they find an audio tape with a record of the murderer's voice behind a heating device. The tape had been stored in a box.

I'm more than 100% sure that I watched that particular episode a bunch of times (last in 2006, shortly after we had renovated our kitchen) and it was aired monthly here in Switzerland (late 90s/early 00s).
    This episode was so remarkable and always left me deeply impressed. Keep in mind that the original air date in the US or Canada might be 2002/2003 because Switzerland is always a couple of years behind.

But here it comes: nobody, not even my parents who watched it with me, remember the series' name. It doesn't matter who I ask, nobody has ever heard of it...

- I posted this request on different subreddits, without success.
    - I asked AI tools (ChatGPT and Copilot) who both suggested going through every single Cold Case episode. The hardcore Cold Case fans don't remember that episode either.

Did I watch a TV show that never existed or does someone remember it?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Mel

Hi Mel,

Your detailed description of the episode is quite intriguing! Based on the scenarios you mentioned, it seems like a memorable and unique episode. Here are a few possibilities that might help you identify the show:
    1. Cold Case: Although you mentioned that hardcore fans don’t recall this episode, it’s worth noting that “Cold Case” often featured flashbacks and investigators uncovering old evidence. It might be possible that the episode is from a lesser-known season or was particularly unique.

1. The X-Files: This series often had episodes with eerie and mysterious elements, including investigators finding hidden evidence. The greenish color and the abandoned house setting could fit the show’s style.

1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: This show also had episodes where investigators found hidden evidence in old cases. The greenish tint could be due to the show’s frequent use of colored lighting for dramatic effect.

1. Twin Peaks: Known for its surreal and mysterious atmosphere, “Twin Peaks” often had episodes with flashbacks and investigators uncovering hidden truths. The greenish color and the eerie setting could match its style.

1. The Twilight Zone: Although primarily known for its standalone episodes with a twist, some episodes involved investigators and mysterious circumstances.

Given that you’ve already explored some of these options, it might be helpful to look into specific episodes from these series that aired around the early 2000s. Additionally, you could try reaching out to fan forums or communities dedicated to these shows, as they might have more detailed knowledge of specific episodes.

I hope this helps you in your search! drift boss
    Last edited by icicleprevent; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by icicleprevent View Post
      Hi Mel,

Your detailed description of the episode is quite intriguing! Based on the scenarios you mentioned, it seems like a memorable and unique episode. Here are a few possibilities that might help you identify the show:
      1. Cold Case: Although you mentioned that hardcore fans don’t recall this episode, it’s worth noting that “Cold Case” often featured flashbacks and investigators uncovering old evidence. It might be possible that the episode is from a lesser-known season or was particularly unique.

1. The X-Files: This series often had episodes with eerie and mysterious elements, including investigators finding hidden evidence. The greenish color and the abandoned house setting could fit the show’s style.

1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: This show also had episodes where investigators found hidden evidence in old cases. The greenish tint could be due to the show’s frequent use of colored lighting for dramatic effect.

1. Twin Peaks: Known for its surreal and mysterious atmosphere, “Twin Peaks” often had episodes with flashbacks and investigators uncovering hidden truths. The greenish color and the eerie setting could match its style.

1. The Twilight Zone: Although primarily known for its standalone episodes with a twist, some episodes involved investigators and mysterious circumstances.

Given that you’ve already explored some of these options, it might be helpful to look into specific episodes from these series that aired around the early 2000s. Additionally, you could try reaching out to fan forums or communities dedicated to these shows, as they might have more detailed knowledge of specific episodes.

I hope this helps you in your search! drift boss
      Hi Mel,

Your description definitely sounds like an intriguing mix of eerie and mysterious, which could point to several shows. I think you’re on the right track with some of the ones you mentioned. Cold Case, The X-Files, and even Twin Peaks all have that dark, investigative vibe with hidden evidence and eerie settings.

One that might also be worth checking out is The Twilight Zone, which often had those surreal and creepy twists. The use of color and lighting, like that greenish hue, does seem to fit the visual style of shows like CSI and The X-Files, so it's worth exploring specific episodes from these series, especially those that aired in the early 2000s.

If you're still trying to find that episode, or if you just want to dive back into some of these classic mystery or supernatural shows, I’d recommend looking into the top IPTV service provider. They usually offer a great range of streaming options where you can find shows like Cold Case, The X-Files, Twin Peaks, and more. You might even come across some hidden gems or episodes that you didn’t realize were part of those series.

Good luck in your search, and let us know if you find it!

Comment

Working...
      X