No announcement yet.

Help identifying a British Children's TV series 1970s featuring timeslip, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a British Children's TV series 1970s featuring timeslip, etc

I am really hoping someone can help me to identify this series. This has defeated me for some time.

Here goes: a children's television drama series. Date between 1972-1976. Repeated at least once.

It featured some magical / timeslip element and involved a family. About the only thing I can recall in any detail is that at the very end of the final episode the children find a pendant or medal in a box of cornflakes to demonstrate that what happened was real. A kind of token.
    I recall watching it twice with my mother, and on the second time anticipating the discovery in the cereal. My mum died in late 1976 so I can be very sure that it was first broadcast around 1974 or 1975 at the very latest. I also recall that it was relatively light-hearted. It might well have been either the BBC or ITY. ITV tended to come up with more modern and original dramas while the BBC focused on classic book adaptations at that time. Genome has not come up with the answer.

Most internet searches come up with the classics of Changes / Timeslip / Shadows / Tomorrow People. But all seem to be just outside the timeframe, longer and more serious.

Any help will be gratefully received.

I had one more go at Genome and I think I have answered my own question - Man Dog (a six part serial featuring travellers from the future) and broadcast twice in January 1972 and June 1973. Can anyone please confirm? It seems to be largely forgotten and possibly scrubbed from the archives.

Comment

Working...
    X