No announcement yet.

Play School..Love hambal or hate her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Play School..Love hambal or hate her?

Hamble always looked like she needed a good wash.
    Humpty was my favourite. Little Ted was a cutie though. Never knew how they would stand Jemima up in a crisis!

Comment

Jemima would make a good Goal Shooter in the netball team with those long legs. Humpty could be Centre and the Teds could be Wing Attack and Wing Defence. Hamble would have to watch from the side lines as she'd never get picked to be in anybodies sports team.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember listening to a documentary on BBC Radio 4 some years ago about Play School, and it was said that when Hamble had to go to a "dolls' hospital" to recover from being kicked and bullied by the presenters, the BBC would have to pay some woman a fortune to loan them an identical Hamble doll, as no others were known to exist.

I always thought she was rather scary.

Comment

Hamble was hideous! Hideous name as well!

Her surname was Lecter.

Comment

My faves were big Ted & Little Ted.

Comment

I was a Hard Core Little Ted Fan!
              I have never met anyone who liked Hamble.She looked like an Evil Daughter of Fu Manchu,who stalked and stared at the rest of the Toys,terrorizing them into submission and obedience to Herself and her Father Fu Manchu,and scared everyone who watched Play School.It must have been great fun for the Play School Presenters,playing football with such an odiously menacing Evil Fiend like Hamble!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pstoys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	259735

To jog memories, Little Ted, Jemima, Humpty, Big Ted and HER! Isn't she a cutie?
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                  I was a Hard Core Little Ted Fan!
                  I have never met anyone who liked Hamble.She looked like an Evil Daughter of Fu Manchu,who stalked and stared at the rest of the Toys,terrorizing them into submission and obedience to Herself and her Father Fu Manchu,and scared everyone who watched Play School.It must have been great fun for the Play School Presenters,playing football with such an odiously menacing Evil Fiend like Hamble!!!

I'd probably act menacing if someone had previously shoved a knitting needle up my backside too.
                  Poor misunderstood Hamble.

Comment

I hated her, and so did the presenters.. and the crew! You should hear about what the crew used to do to Hamble in rehearsals!

Comment

I didn't like Hambal either, she was like an old woman doll. I liked Little Ted and Humpty best. They were **** toys though, weren't they?

Comment

Working...
                      X