Query3/ childrens Ghost Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query3/ childrens Ghost Series

Last one! I watched a kids drama series (in late 80's I think) on bbc1 or itv which was about some kids who i think had moved to a new house with large grounds, and they hear music playing, like a flute or recorder. It turns out to be some ghost children, I don't know if they were friendly, and there were some scary moments in it. I'm sorry I'm not being very clear!

Re: query 3

Could be many things.. Clifton House Mystery?

Comment

Think thats too early

Comment

I know its very vague! I don't even know why it's stayed with me and I just remember odd details like the topiary deer! Actually I've got a feeling it was adapted from a book.

Comment

Moondial?

The Children of Green Knowe?

Tom's Midnight Garden?

Comment

Re: Query3/ childrens Ghost Series

I don't know.. someone on youtube has the first few minutes of Green Knowe and it didn't jog any memories although the walking statue was creepy, I also watched a bit of moondial and that isn't right either. I forgot how many children's dramas used to be on tv.

Comment

I wasn't sure, just through up names. Someone will know it

Comment

Originally posted by costello75 View Post
                Last one! I watched a kids drama series (in late 80's I think) on bbc1 or itv which was about some kids who i think had moved to a new house with large grounds, and they hear music playing, like a flute or recorder. It turns out to be some ghost children, I don't know if they were friendly, and there were some scary moments in it. I'm sorry I'm not being very clear!
                I think it's The Enchanted Castle

Comment

It sounds like a film to me - The Amazing Mr Blunden? This has been repeated on TV several times, so although it was filmed in the 70's you may have seen it in the 80's.

The Amazing Mr. Blunden (1972) - Plot summary
                  sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

definitely think it was the clifton house mystery, i have the book and it includes everything that you have written about.

Comment

Hello...

This sounds like it's probably the first series of 'Round the Twist' when the twists first moved into the lighthouse. There was a haunting flute kind of music in each episode, where a different surreal thing happened each time, until the children fixed the light at the top of the lighthouse ahead of a big storm, which enabled the ghosts they kept seeing to travel safely back to their 'ghost ship' which managed to avoid the rocks, because of the light.

I loved this series, and just bought the box set!

Comment

I'm sure it is the children of green know you are talking about. It used to be my favourite. Im sure they only came to this house at Christmas and theyd goto church on Christmas morning and one of the children did play a flute. I think there was a big statue of St Christopher in it somewhere. The children were ghosts and in historical costume if I remember rightly.
                        Was a great series.

Comment

Nobody's House??

Comment

The secret garden?
                            One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

I think i remember the Clifton House Mystery, did it have a sealed up secret room with a dead solider from the 17th Century in it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X