Lunchtime TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lunchtime TV

I guess I watched them all over the years. When I was really small it'd be Pogles Wood, The Woodentops and the like. When I was at junior school I'd get home from school, for lunch, around 12.15 and catch Pipkins or Paperplay (Itsy & Bitsy), then mum would have on something like The Sullivans 'till 1.00. Then at 'big' school I'd have a later lunch so we'd watch Pebble Mill while we were eating and I'd go back just as The Flumps (or whatever it was that day). was coming on.

Of course, if you were off sick then you could get bored by Crown Court and flick around that afternoon's Programmes for Schools and Colleges. Diagnosis Murder just isn't the same!

If there's one thing that can instantly transport me back to those Watch With Mother days of lunch with mum it'd have to be the ending music to Mary, Mungo and Midge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
      I guess I watched them all over the years. When I was really small it'd be Pogles Wood, The Woodentops and the like. When I was at junior school I'd get home from school, for lunch, around 12.15 and catch Pipkins or Paperplay (Itsy & Bitsy), then mum would have on something like The Sullivans 'till 1.00. Then at 'big' school I'd have a later lunch so we'd watch Pebble Mill while we were eating and I'd go back just as The Flumps (or whatever it was that day). was coming on.

Of course, if you were off sick then you could get bored by Crown Court and flick around that afternoon's Programmes for Schools and Colleges. Diagnosis Murder just isn't the same!

If there's one thing that can instantly transport me back to those Watch With Mother days of lunch with mum it'd have to be the ending music to Mary, Mungo and Midge.
      Amazing how so many childhood memories are similar, much like my school lunchtimes.

I used to love Crown Court though.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

crown court I think was on when you were meant to be at school
        "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
          crown court I think was on when you were meant to be at school
          Yep it was, but if you were sick or there was a teacher's strike it was essential viewing
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

For me it was Rainbow, Playbox and Puddle Lane.
            (I still have my Puddle Lane books and cassettes.)

Comment

Originally posted by wispa lover View Post
              For me it was Rainbow, Playbox and Puddle Lane.
              (I still have my Puddle Lane books and cassettes.)
              I loved Puddle Lane when my eldest was small.
              One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Put it this way, whenever I smell or taste mashed potato even today it makes me think of Rainbow and Jamie and the Magic Torch.

Comment

Working...
                X