Early 70's children's drama series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 70's children's drama series?

Can anybody remember the name of this series? It was set in contemporary Britain. I seem to remember it was shown at approx 5pm once a week and lasted for approx 7 or 8 episodes. It was the story of a young teenage girl who had a 'feeling' that she needed to find the truth behind why society had started to reject technology in all its various forms. There was a sense of armageddon about the series, where people were throwing their television sets out of windows, trashing cars, and generally destroying any form of technology. Total civil unrest.

There was an extremely eerie feel to the programme - there was no explanation why society had started to go beserk. It was not at all clear what was motivating the girl to find 'the truth', but she walked the streets looking for an answer to society's disintegration.

I seem to remember the last episode found the girl arriving at a cave somewhere in the countryside where she addressed a 'presence' and said something along the lines of "You have made a mistake, we are not ready for this, that time hasn't yet arrived." Soon after her appeal to the 'spirit' people were seen to lose their agression, calm down and stopped their destruction.

I can't remember the series' name. Thanks.

Re: Early 70's children's drama series?

The Changes

BBC - Cult - Classic TV - The Changes (1975)

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks Daz. That drama really was very adult and ahead of its time.

Comment

Available on Ebay at the moment

The Changes 1975 Cult TV (Survivors) on eBay, also, DVDs, DVD, Film TV (end time 22-Dec-08 14:23:38 GMT)

Comment

Working...
        X