Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What theme tune instantly transports you back to your childhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What theme tune instantly transports you back to your childhood?

I have just discovered a great little channel on youtube,by a gentleman called: tvaudiochap.
    He has a lot of great theme tunes,including the 1978 Hazell theme tune and song.The most impressive thing he has done to my mind,is to manage to find the theme tune to the Bob Hoskins old series: On The Move.
    Here is the theme tune to On The Move:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tvaudioc.../7/ZskK3sgODRQ

He has the excellent long version of Kim & Co aswell.

Comment

Themes I really loves as a child: Dr Who (not the orchestrated tosh they play now but the real creepy theme); the Avengers; Orson Welles' Great Mysteries; Follyfoot; Tomorrow People; and Callan with its swinging lightbulb. These tunes not only encapsulated the excitement of the shows themselves but were great music in their own right!

Comment

the 'why dont you' theme from the 80s. classic

Comment

I've been suffering the worst man flu these past two days but i had to go into my parents loft to get the cat boxes for their moggies annual vet health check,
          I came across a box of old vhs videos, i borrowed my mates vhs and have had a misty eyed day watching through these little time capsules, most of them are stuff that my parents have since bought on DVD but some were little gems with bits and pieces of programs that were recorded over and over on top of each other,
          However, i had got one with about 7 seconds of teletext which played the theme to farmhouse kitchen, a massive nosltalgia rush burst forth, cant beleive i'd forgotten that classic theme. Found it on utube with a full length version that has a proper bit of jazzfoolery in the middle. I'm well chuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
            As soon as I played the tune, I remembered every word (well the first couple of verses at least) ..... good shout mate!

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
              I have just discovered a great little channel on youtube,by a gentleman called: tvaudiochap.
              He has a lot of great theme tunes,including the 1978 Hazell theme tune and song.The most impressive thing he has done to my mind,is to manage to find the theme tune to the Bob Hoskins old series: On The Move.
              Here is the theme tune to On The Move:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tvaudioc.../7/ZskK3sgODRQ

He has the excellent long version of Kim & Co aswell.
              Good call re: On The Move ..... can't remember if I watched it whilst at school or at home in the holidays though???

Anyone remember The Sunday Gang?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30987216495720#

Comment

For me:

Jamie & The Magic Torch.
                Little House On The Prairie.
                Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

There's loads I could list, Grange Hill, White Horses, Flambards, Swap Shop, Paddington, Robinson Crusoe - one from when I was a teenager which gave me the creeps for some reason and still does is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7T-VTL91k Tales of the Unexpected

Comment

Champion The Wonder Horse, Why Don't You?, The Flumps, Mr Benn, Peter Howell's 'rock n roll' Doctor Who theme, Bod, The A Team, The Six Million Dollar Man...

Comment

Andy Pandy
                      Champion The Wonder Horse
                      Robinson Crusoe
                      Belle & Sebastian
                      Flashing Blade
                      Trumpton/Chigley/Camberwick Green
                      Tomorrow People
                      Double Deckers
                      Magpie
                      Follyfoot
                      The Sweeney
                      Crossroads

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola1968 View Post
                        There's loads I could list, Grange Hill, White Horses, Flambards, Swap Shop, Paddington, Robinson Crusoe - one from when I was a teenager which gave me the creeps for some reason and still does is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js7T-VTL91k Tales of the Unexpected
                        i agree mate.
                        still quite scary.

here are a few that take me back.
                        grange hill.
                        blue peter
                        dramarama
                        rainbow
                        dangermouse
                        morph.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The theme to Z-cars....still makes me sad as it meant I had to go to bed! That funky-jazzy organ in the "World in Action" theme, oh and the r0cky theme tune to "Angels" takes me right back to 1076. Space 1999 reminds me of Saturday mornings in front of the telly stuffing my face with "rubbish"..."junk food" didn't exist back then!

Comment

Blue Peter/Rainbow the old ones are the best ones.

Comment

Ok, hmm so many.
                              Has to be:
                              Chocky
                              Moondial
                              The Booktower
                              Doctor Who
                              Tripods
                              Tales of the unexpected
                              Sapphire and Steel.
                              Into The Labryrinth
                              Children of Green Knowe

Hmm, is there a theme emerging? No wonder I was screwed up as a kid, with those freakish theme tunes rattling around!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Samwar View Post
                                Ok, hmm so many.
                                Has to be:
                                Chocky
                                Moondial
                                The Booktower
                                Doctor Who
                                Tripods
                                Tales of the unexpected
                                Sapphire and Steel.
                                Into The Labryrinth
                                Children of Green Knowe

Hmm, is there a theme emerging? No wonder I was screwed up as a kid, with those freakish

theme tunes rattling around!!!
                                tripods had a real scary tune.
                                actually a scary show.

pity the 3rd series i think it was never came out on telly.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X