Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What theme tune instantly transports you back to your childhood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What theme tune instantly transports you back to your childhood?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUMWy4hqAg

Anyone? ;o)

Comment

I remember a lot of tunes but the one that oddly makes me remember being around 4 years old was Hart to Hart....'When they met...IT WOZ MOIDUIR!!!!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
        I remember a lot of tunes but the one that oddly makes me remember being around 4 years old was Hart to Hart....'When they met...IT WOZ MOIDUIR!!!!!!'
        glad u reminded me of this.
        a truly wonderful theme tune.

here it is mate.
        http://youtu.be/uSn9xPnjLps

and here is another great theme tune.
        http://youtu.be/wIX7UWIsNXM

and here is another.
        just a classy intro.
        http://youtu.be/08cXyrDewlQ

and more great theme tunes.
        http://youtu.be/WQBC1H-t9Q0

and this even scarier than the one above.
        http://youtu.be/g5tUsB5UmjI
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Robinson Crusoe
          White Horses
          Champion The Wonder Horse.

Saturday morning TV heaven.

Comment

Ask the Family
            Vision On Gallery
            Match Of The Day

Comment

The Sweeney for me .. the slow closing music - always on Thursday night ... I hated it because Friday always started with double Maths with Mr Bush (who I both despised and feared!)

Comment

The Amazing Adventures of Morph, Alfie Atkins, Sesame Street, The Flumps, Mr Ben, Rainbow, The Magic Roundabout...The Adventures of Black Beauty, the closing theme on Wurzel Gummage (they used to repeat it on TVS in the early 1980s, but it was as many here know a Southern TV show from the 1970s) bliss, bliss as Dougal would say....

Comment

Originally posted by simbadog39 View Post
                  The Sweeney for me .. the slow closing music - always on Thursday night ... I hated it because Friday always started with double Maths with Mr Bush (who I both despised and feared!)
                  Love The Sweeney. Got series 1 and 2 on DVD. When men were men and women were birds or worse....lol. What I really like about it is seeing the old cars, the near empty roads, less cars and how Regan and Carter shared food and fags-they always used to do that. I hear theres a 'big screen' remake with Ray Winstone as Regan....ermmm, NO. And whats worse its going to be set in modern times. You should see the guy playing Carter-he doesn't look tough enough like Waterman did....travesty in the making if you ask me. Leave it be...

Comment

Cheggers Plays Pop! Tarzan (Ron Ely version) Robin Of Sherwood Hammer House Of Horror The Goodies Black Beauty Superstars The Young Ones Some Mothers Do Av Em It Aint Half Hot Mum Six Million Dollar Man Intro The Tomorrow People The list is endless really!

Comment

'The Sweeney' (theme tune by Harry South) is an absolute classic. I have every series on DVD, both films, the pilot, all three original annuals, the 'Shut It!' soundtrack CD and the official model Ford Consul GT by Richmond Toys.

I've been listening to a few themes again recently, worth re-discovering are 'Street Hawk' ('Le Parc' by Tangerine Dream), and - just for the fun of it - 'Terry & June' ('Bell Hop' by John Shakespeare). Then there's Derek Goom's theme to 'Juliet Bravo' as well.
                      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        tripods had a real scary tune.
                        actually a scary show.

pity the 3rd series i think it was never came out on telly.
                        I used to find the theme tune to the BBC Tale of Two Cities very scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc London View Post
                          Robinson Crusoe
                          White Horses
                          Champion The Wonder Horse.

Saturday morning TV heaven.
                          Definite yes on those but I remember them more from school holidays than Saturday mornings. Mary,mungo and midge takes me back to being really young, the theme to Black beauty makes me want to have a bath (early Sunday evening), Follyfoot and The Tomorrow people get me going aswell.

Comment

The Sullivans.Takes be back to my nans house, when she used to look after me while mum was at work.

Comment

The one that does it for me- and I don't know the title- is the theme music to 'My World', which was also used as the theme for the early '70s sitcom 'Moody and Peg'. Played on the flute in a minor key- it was probably a 'stock theme' that was used for a number of programmes.

Comment

Hi Ian, just found ur post from a couple of years ago. Do you by any chance remember a summer holidays kids program from that era set in some caves or caverns and had a sort of tribal chant as its opening or closing theme music. I think is was a mystery-adventure type, and it may have been dubbed like many others, but I can't find anyone of my age this rings any bells with, and its making me worry that I've got to an age where I'm imagining things from my childhood... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X