Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dempsey and Makepeace

A little background on Glynis Barber:

"Glynis Barber (Glynis Van Der Reit) was born on October 25th, 1955 in South Africa in the bosom of a middle-class Johannesburg background. She's an only child and her parents divorced when she was still a little child. About the age of 18, she moved to London to study in the prestigious Mountview Theatre School. Soon after, her mother died and it had a big impact in her whole life, as she has mentioned in several interviews. After graduating in acting, she got different roles in theatre, films & TV and acted with the Royal Shakespeare Company.

She got married in 1976 with actor, Paul Antony Barber. This marriage lasted only three years and they got divorced in 1979.

One of her first big successes on TV was the role of Soolin in the British TV series "Blake's 7" where she appeared in the fourth season (1980-1981) and where she had appeared in the first season (1978) playing a Mutoid in the episode "Project Avalon." Glynis Barber's most important break on TV was the role of Detective Sgt. Harriet Makepeace in the British TV series "Dempsey & Makepeace" (1984-1986) which she co-starred with Michael Brandon. In 1990, they moved to Los Angeles, USA, where their son Alexander was born on November 21, 1992. His name is a tribute to her stepfather who passed away at the same time she got to know she was pregnant and whom she was very fond of. They moved back to London in 1996. She's a vegetarian, speaks French, practices yoga, she likes driving, theatre, swimming, tennis & athletics."

http://club.idecnet.com/~xanadu/barber.htm#Biographical%20Information

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
      A little background on Glynis Barber:

"Glynis Barber (Glynis Van Der Reit) was born on October 25th, 1955 in South Africa in the bosom of a middle-class Johannesburg background. She's an only child and her parents divorced when she was still a little child. About the age of 18, she moved to London to study in the prestigious Mountview Theatre School. Soon after, her mother died and it had a big impact in her whole life, as she has mentioned in several interviews. After graduating in acting, she got different roles in theatre, films & TV and acted with the Royal Shakespeare Company.

She got married in 1976 with actor, Paul Antony Barber. This marriage lasted only three years and they got divorced in 1979.

One of her first big successes on TV was the role of Soolin in the British TV series "Blake's 7" where she appeared in the fourth season (1980-1981) and where she had appeared in the first season (1978) playing a Mutoid in the episode "Project Avalon." Glynis Barber's most important break on TV was the role of Detective Sgt. Harriet Makepeace in the British TV series "Dempsey & Makepeace" (1984-1986) which she co-starred with Michael Brandon. In 1990, they moved to Los Angeles, USA, where their son Alexander was born on November 21, 1992. His name is a tribute to her stepfather who passed away at the same time she got to know she was pregnant and whom she was very fond of. They moved back to London in 1996. She's a vegetarian, speaks French, practices yoga, she likes driving, theatre, swimming, tennis & athletics."

http://club.idecnet.com/~xanadu/barber.htm#Biographical%20Information

when you see glynis its easy to see by looking at her she keeps in shape as she plays tennis,yoga and does athletics.
      think that is nice to nameher son after her stepfather.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I really find her attractive. However, its obvious shes probably had a bit of surgery and botox...admit it Glynis....As for the show, by jove its awful. Spikings constantly shouting and flipping out-what ever happened to him? Brandon I always thought was an English man doing a Yank accent, lol. But I knew years later he was a genuine US guy....but he does sound cheesy....

Comment

Michael Brandon was previously married to Lindsay Wagner of Bionic Woman fame.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
            I really find her attractive. However, its obvious shes probably had a bit of surgery and botox...admit it Glynis....As for the show, by jove its awful. Spikings constantly shouting and flipping out-what ever happened to him? Brandon I always thought was an English man doing a Yank accent, lol. But I knew years later he was a genuine US guy....but he does sound cheesy....
            perhaps it was cheesy but it was also gritty,disturbing, and violent.
            thwere where many people in it who i recognise and i mean people who where not regulars.
            And its very hard, near impossible to get the entire run of episodes uncut.

its theme tune was superb.

Comment

I just thought it was like a comic book and camp. Hardly gritty and disturbing like The Sweeney had been in its earlier years. I've often thought Brandon was more like a Brit doing a very baaaad Yank accent lol.

Comment

yeah he is actually a new york cop doing a british accent.
                but yes its gritty al right and watching as a kid it was pretty shocking.
                thing is it has bits cut from many episodes even on dvd its got those bits missing.

but still my fave cop show and it had many recognisable faces in it.

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                I just thought it was like a comic book and camp. Hardly gritty and disturbing like The Sweeney had been in its earlier years. I've often thought Brandon was more like a Brit doing a very baaaad Yank accent lol.

Comment

Anybody remember Glynis Barber from Jane, based on the Daily Mirror comic strip?

Comment

Working...
                  X