70's suspense/horror tv show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's suspense/horror tv show

As a kid in the 70's I used to watch a British suspense TV series. It had words like Saturday and Theatre. It was a series. The credit titles when they appear when the story is through ran so fast you could hardly read them. They were either of criminal/serial killer type or supernatural type.

I can still remember the episodes. I just name them as I remember the most outstanding features in the story. Some of the episodes and their scenes are as follows:

1. Balloons - A lady holding ballons on the stairs outside her home in flowing gown is stabbed. She lets go of the balloons and she lays on the steps of the stairs. The camera focuses on the balloons.

2. Typewriter rollers - In an office, a serial murderer uses the roller of the typewriter (first he takes it out of the machine) to murder people by hitting them on the head.

3. Box with sand - A nanny/househelp arrives. She has a mystery box. She is actually an apostate. Suddenly people in the house behave strangely. She tries to win them over to the devil's side. She can shift shape from an angel to a snake. One girl solved the problem about this househelp by opening the box with sand and emptying its contents.

4. Marvellous - a woman is engaged. However her fiance's party act weirdly and they always have ceremonial rites. They are well covered by clothing. Their password is ''Marvellous.'' This is accompanied by a hand gesture. Both middle fingers are flexed and held against each other. The other fingers are held straight against each other. Later the wedding does not take place because the others really have hooves. The lady's foot is human. They keep on repeating marvellous.

5. A wealthy lady is stabbed by her husband in the chest. He thinks she's dead and starts enjoying his ''inheritance.'' However, she survives and tells her tale later, she points to him as the culprit.

There are other episodes but I can't recall them all. Somebody please tell me the name. Are there dvds available at amazon.co.uk?

I'd be very glad if you could reply. Thanks in advance.

Re: 70's suspense/horror tv show

ITV's Saturday Night Theatre?

"ITV Saturday Night Theatre" (1969) - Episode list
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
    X