Those European narrated series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: European and Russian Fairy Tales

I have never seen or heard of a fairy tale like that ecofugal.I have tried looking on google,but could not find anything.Perhaps nobody has written up on it on the internet as yet.Fairy Tales are difficult to find out about,especially the ones from russia,eastern europe etc.
    Here are a few covers of Fairy Tales i am sure most people will remember.

Click image for larger version

Name:	the tinderbox.195.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	259657Click image for larger version

Name:	the singing ring&#.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	259658Click image for larger version

Name:	snow white.1961..jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	259659Click image for larger version

Name:	Rumpelstiltskin.&#.jpg
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	259660

They are the famous: Tales From Europe Fairy Tales.I have seen The Singing Ringing Tree and The Tinderbox,but i have never seen Snow White or Rumpelstiltskin.I know The Singing Ringing Tree and The Tinderbox,are both available to buy from Networkdvd,but i cannot find anything about being able to buy Snow White or Rumplestiltskin.

Comment

I have just found another Three from the Tales From Europe collection have been released on DVD.We can buy them on ebay.
      They are: The Golden Goose.The devil's Three Golden Hairs and The Story of Little Mook.

Name:	the story of lit&#1.jpg
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	259661Click image for larger version

Name:	Tales from Europ&#101.jpg
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	259662Click image for larger version

Name:	the devil's thre&#1.jpg
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	259663

I cannot remember ever seeing these three,yet,the The Devil's Three Golden Hairs image rings a bell with me from years ago.

Comment

hi moonvisage
        thanks for your reply
        i managed to find out what that series was.

last month the polish prime minister Lech Kaczyński died tragically in a plane crash. on the news they mentioned he and his twin brother were child actors. they showed a photo of them dressed as peasant boys looking very much like the two boys i remember from that program.

turns out it was a movie called polish The Two Who Stole the Moon.
        i am pretty sure it was shown in 25 mins segments at 5.15 before the evening news at 5.45pm

i remember one scene where they eat their slippers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Two_Who_Stole_the_Moon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lech_Kaczy%C5%84ski

he two twins, Jacek and Placek, start out as cruel and lazy boys whose main interest is eating—eating anything, including chalk and a sponge in school. One day they have the idea of stealing the moon - after all, it is made of gold. "If we steal the moon, we would not have to work""But we do not work now, either...""But then we would not have to work at all". After a few small adventures they manage to steal the moon. Immediately a gang of robbers notices them and captures them. They regain their freedom, and one of the twins devises a plan to enter the "City of Gold". The plan works, but when the robbers try to collect the gold, they turn into gold themselves. The twins escape, run home and promise to help their parents with their work as farmers.
        My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

heres a clip from The Two Who Stole the Moon
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRPyM...eature=related
          My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Thank you ecofugal,that is a wonderful Polish Fairy Tale to watch.I never knew it existed until now.
            I must add R.I.P Lech Kaczynski,he must be sorely missed by his twin brother and the people of Poland.
            It seems it is out on DVD in Poland.I hope they decide to release for the UK market.
            Here are a couple of pics of it,maybe someone else remembers seeing it ecofugal?

Name:	2128_4..jpg
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	259664Click image for larger version

Name:	O-dwoch-takich-co&#.jpg
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	259665Click image for larger version

Name:	2128_5..jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	259666

This Fairy Tale: The Two Who Stole The Moon,has made me begin to wonder how many more of these wonderful Fairy Tales were made and shown,but i missed them.

Comment

hi moonvisage
              thanks for those photos. i really only remember two scenes.
              The boys climbing on the roof with a ladder trying to touch the moon and
              the two of them eating their own slippers. it was pretty surreal.

i am pretty sure it was narrated like the series The white horses. great to hear its on dvd.

another eastern European series i remember vaguely was beauty and the beast shown in the early 80s i think.
              the beast was a man with a huge bird's head!

the series i remember best was the singing ringing tree mainly because it was repeated a few times.
              there was also a black and white series called The girl from class 5B - this was not a fairy tale but set in a school (it could of been a Czech series)
              My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                Could this be the one you remember Ann?
                It is a 1973 or 1975 Czechslovakian re-telling of the Cinderella story.In the Czechslovakian title is: Three Oreshka Dlja Zolushki.Which,translated to english is: Three Nuts for Cinderella.It has been released on DVD.

Be Warned,the next clip below is the Happy Ending.

Here it is in the German Language.Three Wishes for Cinderella

The different countries seem to change the name of it slightly,from: Three Nuts for Cinderella,to Three Gifts for Cinderella and Three Wishes for Cinderella.

If anything Ann,the version you probably saw was this one,with the English Narration: Three Gifts for Cinderella.

I hope this is the one you remember,and it brings back lovely memories for you Ann.
                That's it definitely Moonvisage, thanks so much. I was sure I answered your post the other night but when I logged on there now there's no sign of it. I don't know what happened.
                I knew the minute I saw the white horse it was the same one. Lovely to see it again. Those type of fairytales remind me of that 'Storybook International' 'i'm a storyteller and my stories must be told''

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                  Is this The Snow Queen you remember Kaz?

It could be this one, it does seem familiar.
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Does anyone remember the 1970's east european b/w short films inserted between childrens programmes?

Comment

Working...
                    X