Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember early 80's horror tv, pig in rocking chair?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember early 80's horror tv, pig in rocking chair?!

i am trying to find out the name of a scary tv programme that was shown in the early 80's. it was set, i think, on a farm and it ended (or very near the end) with a pig in a rocking chair, slowly rocking, wearing an old womans shawl - i think earlier in the programme you saw the old woman in the chair. thats all i can remember im afraid but i was so scared i didnt want to go upstairs to bed and ive found pigs creepy ever since! can anyone tell me what this might have been? i thought maybe hammer house of horror but none ring any bells reading through the (scant)description of the episodes although i was reminded of the werewolf one - have always hated opening curtains at night after that!

Re: Anyone remember early 80's horror tv, pig in rocking chair?!

This is an episode of "Beasts" titled "Baby". A couple move to the countryside where renovations on the old farmhouse uncover a husk of a strange creature (which DOES look a bit pig-like) in a jar. The wife then begins to see and hear things, and the creature seems to be linked to ancient witchcraft.

The series, written by Nigel Kneale (creator of Quatermass) is available on DVD.

Comment

thanks lurker that must be it

Comment

must have missed this thread!

I have that DVD...6 episodes IIRC...the best two are 'Barty's Party' where you never actually SEE the rats, you simply HEAR them

And the one in the supermarket with Pauline Quirke (from Birds of a Feather) about a poltergeist

Saw them on telly in the 70s' & scared the life out of me, so just had to have the DVD
        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I think I remember the Pauline Quirke one, was it called "Brightway Billy" or something like that? Great series - and I definitely remember the pig in the rocking chair one. A bit freaky or what!!!
          Just who was Soft Mick?

Comment

Originally posted by faxand1962 View Post
            I think I remember the Pauline Quirke one, was it called "Brightway Billy" or something like that? Great series - and I definitely remember the pig in the rocking chair one. A bit freaky or what!!!
            IIRC that was the name of the supermarket's mascot/logo....a rabbit? The episode is actually called 'Special Offer'

ps anyone remember another of the episodes..Buddy Boy..about a psychic dolphin .....only reason I remember it is the audition by the *cough* ample bosomed lady 33 yrs later & that's all I remember of it..well I was 11 at the time; hormones were just starting to kick in!

recommended DVD by the way..During Barty's Party' has ALWAYS stayed with me, despite only ever seeing it that once
            sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I have no recollection of this series at all.. first time I've even heard mention of it.. but now I must see it for myself
              thanks for the info

Comment

That programme was the reason I found and joined DYR

Play.com (UK) : Beasts: The Complete Series (2 Discs) : DVD - Free Delivery

and I thoroughly enjoyed it second time round too
                DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I did see this series when it was first shown and my main memory is of the Pauline Quirke one with Brightways Billy the rabbit that was supposedly knocking things off the supermarket shelves in the night. Spooky!

I really must buy the DVD.
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Hfuhruhurr View Post
                    I have no recollection of this series at all.. first time I've even heard mention of it.. but now I must see it for myself
                    thanks for the info
                    That makes 2 of us.
                    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I bought the complete 'Beasts' on DVD from Amazon for about £13. Well worth the money. Its great!
                      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Working...
                      X