1970's kids show...horses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's kids show...horses...

Does anyone recall a kids tv programme which used to be on during school holidays during the 1970's about horses? I thought it was called Wild Horses or something similar and I cant find anything about it. The theme song was sung and the song was a nice quiet ballad type song.

This is all I have to go on - I'm sure it was on BBC and it would have been on early - mid 1970's.

Does this ring any bells?

Re: 1970's kids show...horses...

White Horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6z8GUywyc
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

That's it! White Horses!

Thanks for your speedy reply. I was just telling my kids about this show.

The theme tune sure is a blast from the past...

Comment

You're welcome
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Mp3 here White Horses Theme Song

Comment

On UK television it was called The White Horses.It was actually called Ferien In Lipizza everywhere else in Europe.The original German language tape is in the hands of NetworkDvd,who are planning one day to release it.Unfortunately,the original soundtrack,which included the voice over,was erased by the BBC,and only one episode containing the original soundtrack and voice over exists.That episode is number 13,the last episode of the series.The gentleman who owns the original tape,gave it to NetworkDVD,and said that they gave the strong impression that they were in no hurry at all to release the series on DVD.Andrew,the gentleman in question,asked NetworkDVD for permission to copy the tape,and formulate his own DVD's,which would include subtitles,and the theme tune as it was on the original series when it was shown on BBC.NetworkDVD gave him their blessing and full permission to make a few and sell them.Luckily for me,i was one of the individuals who came across Andrew at the time,and,after two years,i have managed to buy and collect the entire 12 episodes from him.I only need episode 13 now,which Andrew is kindly releasing around Christmas time 2009.
            I really hope NetworkDVD are not waitning to find the original soundtrack and voice over tape,in order to release the series,as that means there is a strong possibility it will never get released on official DVD.

Comment

I do recall ages ago,reading a rumour that the BBC made copies of The White Horses tape,which include the original soundtrack and voices.I think there were two copies made,so that made 3 copies of the tape including the original.I am not sure,but i read that either one,or both copies,had gone missing from where they were stored ( stolen ).If that rumour is true,then maybe somewhere out there,a genuine copy of the original BBC tape including the soundtrack and voice over,as we all saw it on television,maybe stored somewhere.Who knows,maybe copies of the original BBC TV tapes and soundtracks may be in the possession of the actors or their families?

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post

The person who posted that youtube clip,Julka1,is Andrew i was talking about.

Comment

Thank you for this, moonvisage. You got me wanting a White Horses release all over again!

Comment

Here are a few pictures of the first issue of DVD's Andrew made and sold.I managed to obtain all of them.These are basic DVD's with paper pictures on the centre.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a2..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	259621Click image for larger version

Name:	a3..jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	259622Click image for larger version

Name:	a1..jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	259623

All episodes from 1 - 12 have subtitles.Episode 13 has the original remaining voice overs

Comment

This selection of DVD's,is the second set Andrew created.This second set differs from the first set in that the whole 12 episode come in one box set,with episode 13 in a seperate singular case.As with the previous set,all episodes from 1 - 12 are subtitled,and episode 13 has the original voice over and music.
                      This second set also differs in two major ways than the first set Andrew created and released,in that the DVD covers are much more professionally made,and the discs themselves are much better quality and have pictures etched on them by laser ( i think he said they are lasered ).

Click image for larger version

Name:	l2..jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	259624Click image for larger version

Name:	l3..jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	259625Click image for larger version

Name:	l1..jpg
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	259626

I do have some lovely news regarding Andrew and the White Horses DVD's.At present,Andrew is planning on making a third set of The White Horses DVD's.The thrid set differs to the previous two sets i have posted pictures of above,in that they will not have forced subtitles,and only have subtitles.
                      Andrew is auditioning people,to supply voices for a modern dubbed version of The White Horses,using equipment that can simulate and replicate the original recoding equipment originally used at the time.
                      Here is a link to Andrews site,with all the information,past and present.It will give you a much better idea of what Andrew has done,and what Andrew is planning to do in the future.

http://ferieninlipizza.spaces.live.com/

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Andrew for all the hard work he has put into this immense project.I am absolutely awestruck by all he has achived.

Comment

I would just like to add that you can buy the above White Horses DVD box set from Andrew at the site i linked to above.
                        Are any members here at the doyouremember forums going to audition to voice the characters on Andrews future DVD release? I personally can't make it to Manchester,so that leaves me out.

Comment

This is amazing stuff! Thank you for the info moonvisage.

EDIT: I was an actor for many years and have done a little audio work but there's no way I will be able to make the auditions. However, I wish Andrew all the best for his project.
                          Last edited by Marine Boy; 24-04-2010, 19:49.

Comment

Hi, just thought i'd mention that Jackie Lee who sings the beautiful theme tune that we all remember from those long hot 70's summers has a page on youtube.
                            Go and say hello, she seems amazed by the response shes had about it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MsJackieLee

Comment

My pleasure Marine Boy.It is a shame neither of us can make it to Manchester,it would be wonderful to hear our voices on such a beautiful,so much loved series as The White Horses.
                              Thank you for the link Tony,i think it is amazing Jackie Lee is so hands on over all of this,and is so delightful to everyone who comments.She seems to be as beautiful and delightful as the song and series is.

Comment

Working...
                              X