Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troll-type characters on a tropical island...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troll-type characters on a tropical island...

Okay, I remember this quite vividly, so hopefully someone will know the name!

Along the lines of Smurfs or Snorks, there was this cartoon that showed in the late eighties/very early nineties. It was on really early in the morning, channel 4 I think, on the weekend.

So the setting was a tropical island, and there was a small village on which these characters lived. By trolls, I mean like the toys. I think they wore corals necklaces, and were a bit bohemian. They used to ride around on pelicans.

On a boat offshore there was a sour-faced, slim woman in red, with her hair tied up. Her baddie sidekicks included a big fat guy, I think with a nautical blue and white stripey top.

I think the cartoon may have been French, or possibly American.

I've not found it on any 80s cartoon nostalgia lists, but I remember enjoying it quite a lot!

Hope someone remembers it too.

Re: Troll-type characters on a tropical island...

Ooooohhhh that sounds like The Suntots (i think). Forget if that was the actual name of the cartoon but the woman was looking for some mystical coral of youth and her sidekick was called Plaluto (i think).

Edit - The Smoggies! Think that was it.
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Re: Troll-type characters on a tropical island...

Looks like you could be right SpiralCoolStuff YouTube - Stop The Smoggies - Polluto The Suntot (1/3)

Comment

Re: The Smoggies

YES! That's the one!

Good stuff. I'm chuffed my memory held on to a lot of the details (shame it doesn't do that more often!).

So French or American.... turns out to be Canadian of course!

Shame they aren't better known, as their environmental subplot would be just as valid today.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Re: The Smoggies

I actualy helped someone on here...im happy I used to love that cartoon. Cartoons today, they just arnt the same.
          Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
          X